*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1958822-The-Treasure-Map-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fanfiction · #1958822
Part 2 of my story
         Her heart was racing, her blood pumping as fear began to override her emotions and her concentration. She couldn't think as she frantically searched, her eyes looking for any familiar piece that would help her, but it was hard when darkness was chasing your every move.

         "Cheza!" Her senses returned as she heard her lost friend scream her name.

"Anya!" A moment past and Cheza quickly entered a hedge of bushes to find her. Anya looked wide-eyed and frantic and stared at her friend only realizing the darkness was trapping them both. Cheza looked down just as Anya stood up, hands reached out for Cheza's neck as the darkness surrounded them both.

         They had been walking for hours on the path they originally started before being attacked, both women tired and hungry. Anya looked up at her friend, etching her look inside her mind as she did after every fight with the dark spirits. Nasty creatures they were, dark spirits. Nobody knew how to really describe them, they seemed to come in different shapes and forms. The spirits that usually appeared were troll-like faces with a mouth like a shark. You only could see their claws and faces since their bodies were blanketed by the dark shadows. They were sent by the Dark Mistresses, who beautiful by face but ugly in personality, would always send them to kill any who opposed the Dark Queen.

         Anya shuddered and glanced at Cheza again. Her body was covered in blood, her own blood, but no wounds were visible. Cheza was tall for a woman, roughly about five-eleven, with a body lean and fit for a warrior as she was. A beautiful woman surrounded by an air of mystery. Her red hair was darker than blood and her eyes were like emeralds. She always wore a black jacket that buttoned at her chest and left no imagination to what was under it. A black hood was always attached and wrapped her hair and a tail in back like a gentleman's coat. Her arms were always covered except for her wrist and her stomach which both had a marking of a spade with a dagger-like symbol. Her long elegant legs were covered by her tight black pants and her knee-high leather boots. A fallen angel.

         No one had ever though that Anya and Cheza would become friends, the dark beauty befriending the innocence of a child. A porcelain doll is what Cheza referred Anya to. Her companion stood at five-six, short for her age, but was highly sought after by every wet-eared gentleman around. With black hair cut into a gothic princess style, her sky blue eyes held a power to make you feel forgiven for even the most horrifying of sins.  She always wore a white dress that stopped at her knees in-front but tailed longer in back. Every man would die for her if it wasn't for her child-like appearance.

         Cheza stopped abrubtly looking towards a bush with a giant root sticking out from the ground a few centimeters away. Suddenly, several lights emerged followed by a man who tripped pver the branch falling face forward with a second man tripping over the first. The lights began giggling, only then did the women relaize they were fairies. Playful and always laughing and singing; making anyone who met them become happy and full of energy. When the darkness took over the land it became so evil that the fairies lost the will to make others feel their joyous power.

         "Well, I'm glad you kids are having fun and a good laugh." the smaller man exclaimed as he began dusting himself off, followed by the bigger man cleaning himself also.

"It seems as if they like you Cap't." the bigger one said.

"Of course they do.." he trailed off only realizing they weren't alone. "Wow."
© Copyright 2013 Chelsea Kunath (ckunath1992 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1958822-The-Treasure-Map-Chapter-2