*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1958944-Till-the-Clock-Strikes-Midnight-Chapter4
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by KAM
Rated: NPL · Other · Mystery · #1958944
Is Anisa's mom ever going to come.
Chapter 4: The Call
I woke up this morning pretty late, I check my phone and my mom text me.
"I am here!" my mom texted me.
I got up and ran to my the guest room,kitchen,my dad'room and the living room she was not there.
I yelled "MOM!DAD!"
I looked in my dad's driveway my mom's or dad's car was not here. I got scared and looked at my phone to see when my mom text me. I was 7:45 in the morning now it is 11:30 am!
I text her back saying "where are you mommy?"
I waited for a couple of minutes and turned off my phone to make some oatmeal. I noticed that my dad's house phone had 50 voice mails! I looked pressed the red button to listen to them.
A man in a deep dark voice said "Hey, you owe me money this is the 5th time I called yesterday". You have two week before you I come and take your daughter. Call me and I will give you more information."
I felt like my heart was going to explode. I hope this was some kind of Halloween joke. The phone rang and I answered it.
"Hello" I said stuttering
"Hey ummmm is Jacob, Jacob the lawyer home?"The same man with the deep voice asked.
"Nope but you can leave a message if you would like." I said shaking.
"Naw man i'll talk to you instead, you are Jacob's daughter." He said and laughed.
"No!" I said about to hang up the phone.
"DON'T YOU DARE HANG UP THIS PHONE!" The man said.
"Look you need to do me a favor go in your dad's room and look for his sock drawer. Look inside and look for a silver key that has the number 1200 carved on them. DO IT NOW!" the man yelled.
I got up and looked through my dad's drawer with his socks. I saw a silver key with the numbers 12000 on them. How did theman know where my dad's key was?
"I got it" I said to the man
"Good, go hide it in your backpack you are going to school next week no one will check there." the man said.
I ran and put the key in my backpack and made sure to zip it up.
"Good place to hide it, your dad will never guess in there". I have a job for you in one week at this time come go down the hallway and on the left there is a door. Go inside there and look and take notes at everything you see." The man said
"Okay" I said starting to cry
I hung up the phone and went to check to see if my mom text me back. My phone said I had a text but it was from a unknown number it said
"I AM ALWAYS WATCHING YOU, YOU HAVE NO PLACE TO RUN OR HIDE. YOU TELL YOU DIE, I KNOW AND SEEN YOU BUT YOU HAVE NOT EVER SEEN OR KNOWN ME!" the text said I know who it came from
"How did you get my number?" I text back running to get a knife
"DELETE THE MESSAGE!" the text said
The door opened up and footsteps trembled in the house. I ran out with the knife about to stab. I stopped because it was my mom.
"HONEY!" my mom said
"Sorry mom I did not know that was you." I said giving her a hug and a kiss.
"Huh maybe we should not have you by yourself in the house." My mom said taking away the knife.
My dad stepped in with a mean look and went to his room. My mom and I had to go outside to get the her bags. I could not believe my dad did not help get my mom's things out of the moving truck. My mom made soup and we danced together, suddenly the door rang. My mom opened it and the police came with a stern look on their face.
"Hello mam is Jacob here?" The man asked in a southern accent
"Yes he is, Jacob honey come downstairs" my mom said.
I HATED my mom calling my dad "honey", he is no where close to being sweet. My mom went up the stairs to go get dad from his room.
"Is there a problem?" My dad asked
"Jacob sir please come down the stairs". The officer said
"NO!"my dad pulled out the gun and grabbed my mom and locked the door in his room.
"If you open this door I will shoot her." My dad said laughing
Please read chapter 1-3, come back next Friday for chapter 5!
© Copyright 2013 KAM (kikinaynay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1958944-Till-the-Clock-Strikes-Midnight-Chapter4