*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959267-If-I-Die-Young-A-Jack-Dawn-novel
by Kate
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1959267
Jack Dawn finds a woman in a coffin at dawn surrounded by roses has jack got an admirer ?
As I walked past the bright yellow tape I watched the scene unfold in front of me, a young woman laying in a makeshift coffin floating upon a deep murky green lake. Her eyes were a wide blue shocked into death, her pale hands gripped her lap as she laid perfectly straight in the coffin , which floated on the waves as a boat . the coffin had been a drift for quite some time. Roses were entwined in her blonde hair as more trailed through the boat ending at the water lapping up her bare ankles.



Elena my partner was standing with her eyes on the woman laying in the makeshift grave , as she spoke to Lila our autopsy expert “time of death? “I asked as I reached Elena “Around dawn, found by a jogger at 6 this morning “ Elena added as she glanced at her watch “no id found on the body she’s a Jane Doe “Lila sighed as she moved around the body leaning into the boat . “ Marks on the body indicate she put up a struggle but no marks on her thighs so not a sexual act could be an act of passion indicated by the choice of flower “she added as Elena bent down “Roses old fashioned romantic, possibly a ex or a lover judging by the way her body hasn’t been touched “Elena added as she ran her finger along the woman’s neck pulling back the blondes hair .



” Syringe mark had to be drugged but she wasn’t killed here my guess is she was dragged through this park in the coffin then thrown in the lake  “Lila added as she stood up “right lets get her to the lab “Elena sighed as she walked towards me “ Elena look through the people reported missing in the last 24 hours .”I added as I walked towards Lila “Lila I want a full autopsy on this girl lets find out what killed her “ I added as I turned towards Elena” ok so you kill a girl throw her in the lake and then walk away but why would they go to so much trouble as to present her in a coffin why not just drown her? “Elena added as she leant down to watch Lila examine the body “because they wanted an audience they wanted us to see her like this but why? “I added as I moved round the body. 



“If you were gonna kill someone you wouldn’t want your victim to pop up so why the theatrics? “Elena sighed as she ran her finger along the lining of the boat “whats that? “I asked as she leant in closer her fingers grasping on a small white piece of card “from our killer? “she added as she handed me the card “an artist maybe this isn’t your normal picture “I added as I twirled the picture in my hand a simple sentence was printed on the card in a bold black font "if I die young bury me in satin , lay me down on a bed of roses sink me in the river at dawn..."Elena read as I flipped the card over , a small hand drawn picture of our victim lay on the card . The woman was wrapped in a silky white throw as she was lay peacefully in the boat , her blonde hair entwined with roses as a guys hands held her down . “Show off “Elena muttered ass she handed the picture to me “not a show off Elena, a attention seeker"i added as i put the card in an evidence bag.
© Copyright 2013 Kate (kittykatkate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959267-If-I-Die-Young-A-Jack-Dawn-novel