*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959724-The-meaning-of-life
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Philosophy · #1959724
Why the nonexistence of meaning to our lives makes it more special
Life has no meaning. Glad to break that bubble to all you idiots who think that there is a point to our existence but nope. There is no meaning. Let me explain.

Life is the result of molecular stews cooked up by lightning. That is all life is: a quirk of matter. A series of accidents made us.

3 billion years of species on planet earth spent their days all doing exactly the same thing: Dividing cells, finding food, eating and then passing on their genetic material somehow either by simple cell division or complicated sex as soon as they did that they died. 3 billion years seriously.

Then along came humans. We evolved big brains and the ability to comprehend the universe. We also realized we were going to die. Basically our brains meant we could spend masses of our time thinking, instead of just doing what comes naturally like all the rest of the billions of earth creatures.

The knowledge of our death terrified us so much that we deluded ourselves into thinking there is something more; something greater than this completely random existence. There isn't. Life has no meaning.

We create meaning. We invented religions long ago to occupy our time, we created farming, philosophy, art all to occupy our time and give meaning to our lives. There is no greater meaning, no higher purpose. No gods, no life after death.

This horrifies many people. Many people are so deluded that they think if there is no life after death then life is not worth living. I was reading a Jehovah's Witness booklet that my mother was given by one of her students.

" If ultimate meaning in life were nonexistent, then you would have no purpose in living other than to try and do some measure of good and perhaps pass on your genes to the next generation. At death, you would cease to exist forever. Your brain, with its ability to think, reason, and meditate on the meaning of life, would simply be an accident of nature... With God is the source of life....our creator...includes a promise of life...free from death....learning about God and obeying him give meaning to life as nothing else can!"

We don't have a purpose. At death we do cease to exist and our brains really are just an accident of nature. We will never be free from death. Ever.

If you're feeling miserable and depressed right now here comes some wisdom that will make you happy and free.

We create meaning. The knowledge of Death gives our lives meaning. The very fact that our brains and hearts will stop working after 70 years of continuous slogging gives us a reason in itself to live. There is an expiry date on everything, so use it before it disappears. Do things every day because one day you won't be able to. Plus it doesn't matter because you'll be gone soon so be Happy!

We don't need to spend hours praying to a deity so we will survive after our earthly body dies. We spend so much time thinking about death that we forget to live. You could spend your time enjoying your life.

Spend your time doing things that you love. Work hard at what you love, whatever it is. Take care of sick dogs, Create music, think of a new economics design system, connect with people. We have the power to do anything we want with our lives.

Yes we have responsibility, mostly to not destroy the planet that we came from but we can do anything. We can climb trees and play the piano. We can now talk to someone halfway round the world through our computers.

We are special. We don't have to obey a God to make us special. We already are, because our lives don't have a deeper meaning.

Don't worry about what happens after Death because you can't control it. I know you think you can by being nice, and you should be nice but not so you get to return to the living. Be nice because life is too short to be cruel and horrible to other members of your species.

Every moment we are breathing on this Earth is special. Not because a God made us or there is a design or destiny but because there is none. You think our lives must have been constructed by a higher power and a series of accidents is too unrealistic. These series of accidents just make life more amazing.

If we were designed then whoever did made serious flaws. There is more killing in the name of God or peace than anything else. We have thousands of diseases that will kill us, we have pointless appendices and 10% of the population control 40% of the wealth. Plus we are systematically choking our home. Our beautiful planet we are sucking dry and killing her. There is so much inequality everywhere and if I had designed the human race I would crawl in a hole and set my system to self destruct.

Of course life is an accident. We have flaws, personally and as a young species, but most of us try and work on them constantly and the accidents mean we keep developing and accidentally do good things on the way.

So get over it. Life is what you make it. Make it a great one. You won't remember it after you die but you remember it now. You want to remember something good.

There now doesn't that take the pressure off? Now you design your life the way you want to. You create the meaning of your life every day so create. A world of pure imagination.

Oh yeah and if you still desperately want an answer here it is:

42
© Copyright 2013 Emilia Daffodil (emiliadaffodil at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1959724-The-meaning-of-life