*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1960190-Nameless-Dead
by Elena
Rated: 13+ · Other · Death · #1960190
A girl gets the ultimate treat on Halloween
Nameless Dead

Sandy was dressed up for a Halloween party and walking through the woods.  Her friend Henry was throwing it.  There was supposed to be a big bonfire. 

Sandy stumbled along, wishing she had worn sneakers for her trek through the woods instead of her costume shoes.  As she got closer to the old wooden bridge, it began to get colder and colder.  Then out of nowhere, a girl appeared.  Nearly the same age as her and nearly transparent.

“Don’t cross the bridge,” said the ghostly girl.  “Evil is on the other side.”

A ghostly boy appeared behind her.  He nodded, his eyes wide and scared.  “Evil is there.  Henry isn’t who you think. “

Sandy was dumbstruck.  Two ghosts, in the middle of the forest, telling her a boy she had known since Kindergarten was evil?

Another girl, slightly younger then the first two, appeared.  She looked the most terrified.

“Go back! Go home!” the younger girl screeched.

This is a bad dream, Sandy thought.  Brought on by the beer I snuck earlier.  Shouldn’t have had it.

“She doesn’t believe us,” the first girl said. 

“Then we’ll prove it,” the boy said.  “Henry’s grandfather killed us.  His father killed Bonnie,” he gestured to the younger girl.  “They killed many people and never got caught.”

He held up a newspaper, just as transparent as he was,  with the headline:

Young Couple Goes Missing: Police have no leads. 

Underneath were two photos of the ghostly boy and girl.  The date  was October 31, 1951.

Sandy turned and fled.  The ghosts, successfully, saving a young girl from their fate, vanished into a white light.

© Copyright 2013 Elena (shyelena at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1960190-Nameless-Dead