*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1960211-Commitment-To-Me-Letter
by Alexi
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Biographical · #1960211
My commitment letter to me. for my novel write.
Why a bar of soap on the picture?

'A Bar Of Soap.' Is my title.*Heart*


When I was very young I would dream that I could fly. All I had to do was think and concentrate. I could take flight at a moments notice. If I was threatened or in danger. I would fly above the telegraph poles and into the sky. I could fly wherever I wanted to go.

Another dream I had a lot was I would see water near me. The sea or a river. If I had things going on in my life that were making me sad, that's when the water dream would come. I began to get nervous and would try to shut out what would happen next. If it was the sea I would look behind me and the water was creeping around behind my back and when I looked ahead I could see that the water was circling me. I would run as fast as I could and The water began to encircle me. I would force myself to wake up and was exhausted.

I never drowned and I believe that it was frustration and entrapment that caused the dream.

The flying dream was my escape, my freedom. Like a poem I wrote. I was always doing what others told me I should be doing. I always put me second best and in a way I am still doing this. Making myself second best.

My poem is "Surprise Ending if you want to have a look.

I promised myself then and do now, that I will realise my life's ambition to write. The voices in my head in the past were voices of doubt and failure, but the voices that I can hear now are. You can do this and you will do this! You will persevere to the end. The end is 'New Beginnings and Surprise Endings This is a milestone in my life and although I had a dream of writing a Novel, it was never realised until I found this site. WDC has given me the confidence that I needed to, get this job done.

I always wondered why when reading the beginning of a book, the author would put a thank you note and a list of names. To whom this book would never have been possible. Now I know because before I am finished I hope that I will have peoples names to put on that note at the beginning of my book. Those who helped me through the next few months to get to the end of my book and the new beginnings.

I would not have even had the confidence to get this far if I had not found this site. This wonderful WDC site and the teaching and friendship that I have found here. When I started at the beginning of this month of October I didn't even have a story. All I had was 'A bar of soap' a prompt that had flashed through my mind. Then as if conception took place, my story began to grow and take shape. I got excited at the prospect of birthing my story.

It still has to be written, (the November write of 50,000 words) but I know that it won't miscarry. With good nurturing, help and knowledge, It will develop and be born into the publishing world. I hope to be proud of my story when it is finished.

I promise I will nurture and feed it until that day when it can stand on it's own along side others who have had the same dream. I hope that my story will have a moral to it.

Alexandra Mason Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo. 26 day of October 2013.*Heart*

*********************************
© Copyright 2013 Alexi (sky1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1960211-Commitment-To-Me-Letter