*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1960421-The-Vortex
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1960421
A man going to death
365 words

The darkness was beckoning, wanting me. The day had finally come, but why now, what did I do to deserve this? I hung my coat and looked about, my vision blurred and fuzzy. The doors opened with the creak I'd grown to know. The air was warm and inviting.

I began to remember my past. The people I've traveled with, the things I've seen, and the adventure I had. Slowly breathing in, I looked at my hands. They were glowing slightly with a golden color, the same I used to regenerate my severed hand.
The colored dust that never let my soul to peace.

The years I have traveled, the people who trusted me. Starting with Rose, the girl who traveled with two versions of me. She was unconcerned and happy. She loved me but she knew I couldn't love her. That's why I sent her away, to keep her heart from breaking.

Next the bride in distress, boy she was annoying. Through her we stopped three invasions, saved a childs mind, and met the woman who was going to kill me. She never was fond of me, could say that she disliked me very much, but she stayed and
Then came my favorite.

A simple girl, never had a life until the whole universe was shown to her. We had our quarrel with the Angels and Silence. And we stopped the world from ending. Then she left and I was alone.

An old timer traveled with me and fought my own kind, the Gallyfrien race, and locked them away. But he trapped himself in a radioactive rocket ignition chamber and I absorbed the radiation for him. And now I'm dying once again.

The TARDIS, sexy, babe, dear... whatever, please forgive me. You helped me travel through time and space. The blue outside leaving a poor cover for the public to never know your true meaning.

Then I looked at her. The lights and panel, every button I never got to push and levers never turned. I always wanted to see what sort of timey wimey stuff this machine could do. I started breathing heavily and muttered my last words

"I don't want to go!"
© Copyright 2013 thedoctor (theragdoctor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1960421-The-Vortex