*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1961122-My-inner-thoughts
by Freya
Rated: 18+ · Draft · Cultural · #1961122
My inner thoughts of our Society.
Today I was shown through another's eye where my faults lay. My generation is filled with arrogant, self loathing, ego centric, and ME FIRST attitudes. When and how did this happen, I can tell you how it happened for me. I turned on MTV and paid more attention to them than my homework, I read up on a lot of famous people and not what was really going on in the world. I paid more attention to people like Miley Cyrus and reality shows instead of how my elected representatives were voting away my future and the future of my children. Once I made it to college, I started taking political classes, most of this subject was new to me. When in fact I should have already know this subject, but I, like so many others paid too much to music, movies, or tabloids and was lost in how the government really works. The end result, on a personal level, was my inability to understand this subject which resulted in me failing. As a society we have failed ourselves and our progeny. We prefer bread and circuses to the hard work of making our government accountable to us.
© Copyright 2013 Freya (freyaapples at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1961122-My-inner-thoughts