*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1961160-A-new-approach-Type-one-Diabetes
Rated: E · Article · Health · #1961160
A new approach on those recently Diagnosed with type one Diabetes
A new approach: Type one Diabetes

After going through what seemed like an endless road of unanswered questions and several doctors, hospitals, and Pediatricians later; you have finally received a diagnosis. You will be living with type one diabetes for the rest of your life. You have the right to be scared, confused, and even angry that this could happen to you. Below you will find several of the most asked and wrongly informed questions about being a type one diabetic, so you can get back to your busy life in the most healthy way possible.

1. Don't eat that:
And You shouldn't. Until you know how to calculate the sugars and carbohydrates within the wanted food/snack. But after you have successfully understood what a certain product does to your blood sugar, You can eat that kit-Kat with confidence knowing you had given enough insulin to cover it.
2. Eat Sugar-free Everything:
It is sad to see so many doctors make this statement. Sugar-free is far less healthy than a sugared product; even for diabetics. To Understand why, Do an Internet search regarding all of the alternatives to sugar, paying close attention to the silent killers saccharin, sucralose, and aspartame. Look for products that contain REAL cane sugar, or foods sweetened with Stevia as a healthy alternative.
3. Your Different:
Yes, you are. But the only difference between you and I is that my pancreas makes Insulin and yours does not. If we both decided to eat a slice of cheesecake, You would Take a shot so your blood sugar would not get high, while My body Produced the insulin naturally.
4. You need to be on a diabetic Diet:
if you where diagnosed with type two diabetes; This would be an agreeable statement, But we are talking about type one diabetes; which is simply not a benefactor of weight.

You are in full control of your life and despite the recent diagnosis, You should not lose that control now. In todays world, we have uncovered the technology to provide you with all the knowledge you need to maintain a healthy, manageable lifestyle.


For additional support, you can email those who care at microminders@gmail.com for more questions or concerns about Type one Diabetes.
© Copyright 2013 Isaiah Lacy (smashboxunite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1961160-A-new-approach-Type-one-Diabetes