*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1961161-A-new-approach-Coming-out
Rated: E · Article · LGBTQ+ · #1961161
A new approach on making the difficult task of coming out to family/Friends easier.
A new approach: Coming out

You have dreaded this day for years yet Yearned for it just as much; You want peace, acceptance, and guidance By those who love you and your worst fear is losing that love because of a life decision You couldn't change if you wanted to. You know you need to tell someone or you fear you will be approached off guard with those heart stopping words 'Are you Gay?” Here are several tips in dealing with those likely to not understand your chosen sexual preference.


1. Be blunt:
You want this conversation to go smoothly, and with as little fuss as possible; But now is not the time to be soft. You need to strictly mention how certain you are about this decision, Because the most often response from the individual you are telling is “How can you be sure?” “Your Much to young” or “it's Natural to feel that way at your age” All these statements are a sign of denial, which in turn could lead to not being spontaneously accepted by that Individual. You need to convince them, without a doubt; you know what your talking about.


2. State the Burden:
Explain how hard it has been to reach this point, and let the people around you know how difficult it has been to harbor such a secret from them. You chose to trust them and with that you expect the same respect.


3. Reach out to friends:
Tell a friend beforehand. Because regardless of how the conversation goes; your going to want to have support afterwards. Make sure this friend is aware of your intentions, Knows when your going to choose to reveal the secret, and Is readily available to converse.


4. Go slow:
Remember this is big news, So don't bring your boyfriend/girlfriend Home the day after the news has been heard; Instead, tell your Parents/Friends that you are going to join the local gay/les/bi Group at school to meet new people like you; which in turn will give them opportunity to support your wishes.


Bearing these tips in mind for such a touchy subject will make this process a much easier endeavor.
You will feel much stronger, much more supported, and an all out happier person once you accomplish this.


For additional Support; You can email those who care at Microminders@gmail.com
with questions, concerns, and coming out stories and be connected with others Just like you who have had carried this weight far to long. It's time, Time for you to be heard.
© Copyright 2013 Isaiah Lacy (smashboxunite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1961161-A-new-approach-Coming-out