*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1962369-The-Other-Side
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Death · #1962369
To all the children whom have died of child abuse, like my old lost friend.
A girl sheds a single tear in the fear of her father. The yelling won’t stop no matter how hard she tries to block it out.

The lies is another thing she hates the most, and it’s the one thing mama is good at. “It will get better someday.”Mama told her two years ago, which now everything has gotten worse.

Now she hides her feelings in the pit of her despair, she’s still strong enough to smile and to tell her friends everything is alright when everything isn’t. She laughs at her own pitiful life.

No matter how fast she runs she can never get away. She can’t hide from her fathers games.

Grains of blood is always being shed whether if it’s her mothers or her own.

There’s no escaping. 
Trying leads to failure.
Failure leads to more beatings and fighting.
When more blood is shed in this cold war that her father likes to call a game it will eventually be the end of her.

Being dragged under the sea of darkness with others surrounding her, they all look like her. Tired of the same game their parents play. She follows them into a lighter water until they reach the other side. A light appears and one by one these children just like her disappear, but she left there alone, she desperately cries for help, then the lights from the other children return to her side, they grow brighter, and brighter almost blinding her eventually the lights consumes her.

Now that many years have passed and the daughter looks down a pon earth where her old mama lives in peace. “At least she’s in a better place now.” Mama says as a tear rolls down her cheek and on to an old dusty photo album full of painful forgotten memories. Mama rocks her rocking chair, closing her eyes, and taking her last breathe of her lonely miserable life. She is soon able to reunite with her long lost daughter that should have lived over 12.
© Copyright 2013 Whitney Sarrel (nialovsyounot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1962369-The-Other-Side