*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1962475-The-Truth-is-Out-There
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1962475
A fight of an aspiring writer and his best friend against a seemingly higher power.
-Chapter 1-
The Truth Is Out There{/b}

"Truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it"
-Mark Twain-

"Jason, what do you see when you look at the roses?" asked Susie as she turned to look at him. They were sat in the garden of number 15, Winchester Road, Northamptonshire. Summer had dawned, leaving the foliage, and the wildlife to bask in the glow of an early season heat wave.
         "Why do you ask" He replied he asked, turning from his position to look at her.
         "Well, summer has come early, and with summer, comes life and happiness that is seemingly unbroken. Like, when the seasons change, a rose will die, a lasting reminder that nothing can last. Yet, when they again change...Hope is almost re-born along with them. So, what do you see?
"Okay, here goes, they say that, every time a rose dies, somewhere, someplace, someone has reached their final destination- or, as some call it, fates end. Did you know that?" Susie shook her head no. "Okay, anyway, roses, just like life, follow the flawed essence that we call time. It grows, becoming the in-perfect, yet beautiful flower that we stare at for hours. Every Rose has a thorn, a painful, yet elegant pinprick on its existence. If it never had these thorns then, it would never be what it was meant to be, or, in this case, who they are meant to be. A Rose is flawed. A Rose is beautiful. A Rose is painful.
"J-Jason that was beautiful" Susie stammered, tears of wonder falling from her chocolate brown eyes.



Meanwhile, a cloaked man silently crept up the stairs Susie's house. Staring around at the frilly pink dor, he realised "This must be the girl's house"
He really didn't need to be there, he shouldn't be there, but his heart panged painfully when he remembered what would become of the boy if he didn't do this. Things wouldn't turn out well. After all, death was never a good thing.
"I hope the boy does not fail- there is more at stake than he can ever know. Time rests in one of his hands, but fate resides in the other. I hope that one day, he will understand"
Sighing, he dropped a letter atop her pillow, and allowed his mind to wander as he made his way for the exit.

Jason had a bad feeling, it was clear somebody had been here. The flowers on the front porch were trampled; the air was thick with a man's deodorant, possibly a fan of Lynx. Every instinct told him to run, to tell someone, to call the police, but he couldn't do it. With every step, Susie was stepping closer to the door- a door he could have sworn they had closed, now lay wide open, something was definitely not right.
Susie's eyes were now, like his, full of fear. One by one they searched the house, but nothing came to light as out of the ordinary, until they reached Susie's room. It was Jason who noticed it, there, on the pillow, lay an envelope.
Together, they looked down at the envelope, and then looked at each other, then again at the envelope, shocked by what they read:
Jason Roberts and Susie Lowden
No. 15 Winchester Road
Northamptonshire

Dreading what he would find inside, Jason grabbed the envelope off of the bed. With one finger, he sliced the binding and read:

Jason and Susie,
If you are reading this then I am long since gone. You see, thirty years ago your grandfather perished in a fight. This fight was not his own. Now, thirty years on, this fight is now yours. You are bound to your duty. Enclosed in this envelope is a necklace. Do not lose it, for it is the key to your goal. When the time comes, you will know you must leave forever. It is called the theforas; it means hope, time, and fate in an ancient language no longer spoken by mankind.
Susie, you are the glue that will hold Jason together. Do not let him stray from the path he must tread.

Yours,
A lone figure from the night...



P.S. For where you tread, one must fall, and for where they fall, another must be born.
Jason paled- his grandfather, no, it can't be. Ever since he was young, he had been told by his mother his father had died a hero in the war. Now, he wasn't so sure.
         Susie snatched the letter from his hand before she to, paled. "What do you think it means" she asked.
         "I don't know" Jason whispered "I don't know, but the truth is out there, and I will find it. The truth is out there, and it means everything"



"When they ask, what is love to you? What do you say?" Jason asked himself. "Do you say it's a waste of time, or just another way to make a fool out of yourself? To be honest, I say neither. To me, love is the bliss in which you get to share your endless forever. That one moment, that one time where everything beats a rhythm that will outlast the law of time. The slightest touch, the softest kiss, the look pure passion that emanates from the eyes. Yeah, we will all come across the next adventure, that we call death. Yet, love is timeless, love is eternal, love is blissful"
" Love. One simple word can make you, or break you. In some cases, survival- It all comes down to love..."

"I will not let Susie come to harm. Whatever this means, whatever this is, I will figure it out"

© Copyright 2013 Liam Simmonds (awritingmadman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1962475-The-Truth-is-Out-There