*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1962643-Stranded
Rated: E · Fiction · Drama · #1962643
Amy's attempt to help her friend back fires.
STRANDED

We were stranded.  There was not another soul in sight and all I could hear was the whimpering cry of Cassie as she finally lost her control.
Why did I think this was a good idea?  My attempt at taking Cassie's mind off her break up with Grant had officially failed.  What sort of best friend am I?

"Amy wh...hat are we going to do now?"

Looking over at Cassie, my heart broke for her as she stood before me with eyes filled with sadness and her normally full blonde hair limp from the light autumn drizzle.  I realize now, that a night out filled with Vodka body shots off the bare chests of random guys would have to be one of the worst ideas I had ever had!  Look where it got us, dumped on a dark street on the wrong side of town by the last random guy who decided that our presence was no longer required in his crappy little Honda.

But I can't admit that to Cassie, she expects me to fix this.  If I admit defeat now, I will have a hysterical heartbroken pain of glass on my hands ready to shatter.

Having no idea where exactly we were I decided to put on a brave face for Cassie's sake.

"It's hopeless!" She sobbed, "This was not part of the plan!"

I started laughing and she stopped crying immediately, her tear soaked face contorting to a frown.

"You're kidding right?" I had to take action.  I'm sure I can ring my brother and get him to come and pick us up.  He always did have a thing for Cassie, and Cassie has always secretly had a thing for him. I placed my hands on Cassie's shoulders, "This is all part of my plan."


298 WORDS
© Copyright 2013 Sarahnaye (sarahnaye at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1962643-Stranded