*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1962792-DELUSIONAL
Rated: E · Fiction · Drama · #1962792
Ali learns what is wrong with her brother Marcus.
DELUSIONAL

“What did you say?!” my brother hissed through his teeth at me.
I looked in confusion between my brother who was looking at me with red faced anger, and my mother who had concern written all over her face.
“What?” I shook my head trying to figure out what he was talking about. I hadn’t said a word.
“Don’t screw with me Ali!” he approached me with his fists clenched so tight that his knuckles were turning as white as the hospital gown that he wore.
“I don’t know what you're talking about Marcus” I looked at mum again who was now crying and heading through the pale blue curtains of the emergency room cubicle we occupied.
Marcus' head turned to his left, his eyes squinting slightly like he was trying to hear something.
“No!” he shouted and spun around to face the back wall. “Stop!  It’s top secret!  I will never reveal the inner sanctions of our government!”
“Marcus?”  Tears welled in my eyes.  What was he talking about, and who was he talking to?
He didn’t seem to hear me but muttered under his breath in conversation with someone who wasn’t there. 
My mother stepped back through the curtains “I’m sorry Ali, I tried to get him help earlier, but every time I took him to the doctor he seemed to be fine.”
“Mum, what’s wrong with him?” I whispered.
“Schizophrenia.” Was all that she said.
“You!” Marcus screamed as he spun around to glare at me, “Your going to regret this!”
Before I knew it he had his hands around my throat.  I tried to scream but I couldn’t.  The needle that was jabbed into his arm by the nurse was my only relief as its contents quickly engulfed his tense body, turning it limp.

298 Words
© Copyright 2013 Sarahnaye (sarahnaye at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1962792-DELUSIONAL