*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963261-Big-Hearted-People
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Opinion · #1963261
Big hearted people and forgiveness
Big hearted people or those who wear their heart on their sleeve are sometimes judged by those who don’t as being weak minded or just plain ignorant. I would challenge this because most of the big hearted people I know, including myself, can manage to make their way through life without any  regrets. They love at full tilt, anything less would be unacceptable. They say how they feel even in the face of monumental angst and hurt. Ultimately in the end of whatever stress that life brings them, they can sit back knowing they did, said, and acted true to themselves. This is challenged by some of my closest friends, and I always come back to the same resolve. I am who I am, I love those around me with everything I have, I wouldn’t have it any other way, and I live in a state of peace and happiness that many find difficult. Who’s to say who is right or wrong, I won’t judge you if you are one of those people who holds back. Sometimes I secretly wish I could, but alas, that would not be the real me.  If I choose to love you, you will know just how I feel, I won’t hide behind a curtain and give you a glimpse now and again, I will gush it from my pores, share it with others I love, and be proud of the way I feel.



I have NEVER REGRETTED loving anyone in my life. Every person who has come and gone from my world has been there for a reason, and most of the time a lesson. I sometimes take a while to figure out the lesson; it’s not always clear at first. It will always come clear to me in time. Any hurts that I have endured have been well worth it at some point. I am amazed at the lengths that I myself and others go through to avoid hurts, no one wants to feel pain. The loss of a friend, a parent, a lover, or anyone else who might be close is excruciating inside, we have all felt those types of pain. It sometimes feels like your heart is just crushed into a million pieces. I have tried to not burn bridges with people without a major cause, because you never know when and from whom the next lesson will come. It’s not necessary to burn bridges most of the time. In some circumstances closure is directly related to a connection, but not when you are a mature adult.



My heart is big and willing to love many, my forgiveness is even bigger. When you have been forgiven for much, you realize that there aren’t too many things you won’t be able to forgive someone for. Remember that grudges will hold you, not the other way around! I miss those who have been in my heart and choose to remove themselves, but I am never without swift forgiveness for those who might want it. That said, if I forgive, that doesn’t mean that you will ever play the same role in my life again, that is pure wisdom! I am real, loyal, honest and true to myself and I love me!

© Copyright 2013 Abundance101 (abundance101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963261-Big-Hearted-People