*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963305-The-Pilfered-Gargoyle
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Mystery · #1963305
This is the introduction to my story.

I opened my eyes but it didn't do much good, there was darkness all around me. Slowly silhouettes came into blurry almost focus around me, and so did the pain. First in my head then it worked its way throughout my body, but my head that was the worst. Gradually the world came into focus and the details started to stand out. I started to sit up but my body wasn't having it, I sat halfway up before dropping back to the ground. I managed to spot the outline of my car, at least I think it was mine it was kinda hard to tell at any rate at least I wasn't stranded out here. I decided to take a minute for myself, ya know relax take in the view. I had heard a rustling noise when I fell back down so I felt around and realized I was lying in gravel, well that explains a few things; most notably the thousand points of pain on my backside. I shifted my eyes around and noticed the outline of mountains dimly lit by the moon. I was in one of the canyons outside of town. The confusion of how I got there was begrudgingly giving way to remembering that I had made some bad decisions last night just then a bright light lit the canyon like the afternoon sun and a huge boom ripped through the silence of the canyon and echoed of the walls. So much for not being stranded out here. I watched the light from the fire dance on the sides of the canyon walls, it seemed like a good time to think about how I got into this ugly situation. It all started a couple days ago when I crossed paths with a gargoyle and an angry little man in an antique store.
© Copyright 2013 Nyle Gould (bizob at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963305-The-Pilfered-Gargoyle