*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963434-Lily-and-the-Great-Farm-Adventure
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #1963434
This is part 2 of the childrens book series.
One night Lily was lying in her bed and thought about where she might go the next day. All of the thinking she did made Lily very tired so she fell asleep. While asleep she dreamt of a place where animals ran free. The next morning Lily asked her mom if there was a place where many kinds of animals could run free. Her mom said, “yes, it is called a farm“. Lily left as soon as her mom said yes in search of a farm but had no luck. She went back home and said, “ Mom I thought that you said that farms were real!” Her mom said, “ My little Lily it is right up the road.” Lily started to wag her tail and left again.
As Lily looked down the road she seen a place with a pretty white fence and chose to go exploring. She stepped in and seen a tall animal with an even taller mother and got very scared. She walked, shakily, up to the tall animal and said, “ Oh my, what kind of animal are you?” “We are horses”, laughed the little one, “What are you?” “ Why I am a dog and my name is Lily, what is your name?” “It is very nice to meet you Lily, I am Snow and this is my young girl Snowflake.” Lily looked around and seen no other horses so she asked, “ Why do you live here on the farm?” Snowflake looked at her and said, “ I live here because my mom lives here.” Lily looked at Snow and asked the same question. “ I live here because it is the safest place on Earth for a horse. I get ridden every day by a little girl named Kimberly. She loves to ride really fast. She also gives us lots of hay to eat and water to drink. She brushes us in the morning before we eat and at night before she goes to bed.” Wow that is great!”, Lily said. “ Kimberly sounds like a very nice girl.” Lily seen another animal close by and said,” Well I am going next door to see what else is here.”
When Lily went next door she seen an animal that looked like a horse but smaller. “I heard you talking to Snow and Snowflake and you seem very nice”, said the animal smaller than a horse. “ Thank you, what kind of animal are you?”, asked Lily. “Well I am a donkey and my name is Dawn. I am the cousin of the horses you just met, I am just smaller.” “I see! So what do you eat?”, asked Lily. “I eat the same things as my cousins.” “It was very nice to meet you but I am going to see what is next door!”, said Lily.
Lily walked for a little while and stumbled upon a couple pink things lying in the mud. “Hi, I am Lily, what kind of animals are you?” “We are pigs and we are in the middle of cooling down”, said one pig. “Oh, so that is why you are lying in the mud?!”, said Lily. “Yes, we cannot sweat so we have to keep cool in the mud”, said the other pig. “ That is very weird”, said Lily. “Well I am going to see what is next door.”
Lily walks by a little shack that looks like a dog house. “This looks like a nice little dog house to cool off in”, said Lily. “Oh my! What are you?”, said some feathery animal. “I am a dog and my name is Lily, what are you?” “We are chickens, my name is Maggie and this is Linda and Sue.” “Why are you lying on piles of hay?”, asked Lily. “These are our beds, we lay our eggs here”, said Linda. “Eggs? What are those?”, asked Lily. “They are little hard balls that hold our babies before they hatch”, said Sue. “That is very nice!”, said Lily. “Yes it is Ms. Lily. It is almost time to meet our chicks”, said Maggie. “Well I will go now so you can hatch your babies!” Lily walks out of the hen house and hears a strange noise that makes her jump. Cock-a-doodle-doo! “What was that?”, asked Lily. “Hello there! My name is Grey, I am a rooster.” “A rooster?”, asked Lily. “Yes I am just like the hens but bigger and stronger”, said Grey. “You have very pretty feathers”, said Lily. “Thank you! What is your name?”, asked Grey. “I am Lily”. “Nice to meet you Lily, I am sorry if I scared, I was just telling the other animals that it was lunch time.” “Thank you for our time Mr. Grey and it was very nice to meet you.”
Lily had enough fun on the farm for one day so she started to head home. On the way out of the gate Lily sees an animal rubbing his head on a tree. “Why are you doing that?”, asked Lily. “I am a goat and my horns hurt”, said the goat. “They hurt?”, asked Lily. “Yes, they have just started growing in.” “Is there anything I can do?”, asked Lily. “No thank you ma’am. I have it all under control”, said the goat. “Alright well I am going to head home now”, said Lily. “Oh wait what is your name?”, asked Lily. “Billy.” “It was nice to meet you Billy.” On the way home Lily started thinking about what to tell her mom. She was so excited and could not wait to go back. When she got home her mom asked her how her day was. Lily told her mom everything that had happened and who she met. Her mom was so happy that Lily had a great time that she made Lily’s favorite dinner that night. Lily cannot wait until her next adventure.
© Copyright 2013 already_gone (already_gone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963434-Lily-and-the-Great-Farm-Adventure