*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963763-Spirit-Wars-Ch-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1963763
What if you found out you had mythological creatures living inside yout heart?
Chapter 1, Introductions and Surprises


Hi, my name is Jared Boyer, and this is the story about me and my friends becoming the Spirit Protectors. I'll explain what that means later, but right now I should probably start from the beginning. I was walking to school in my blue and black striped shirt. I’m a tall, young kid, about 13, I have short brown hair, green eyes, green and brown glasses, and a few stray whiskers crested my chin. I was bringing my clarinet to the weekly Sunday band practice with my usual red shirt with a golden dragon breathing fire on a poor farmer’s home and my blue jeans and my black and green tennis shoes.

"Hey Jared," I heard a young female voice yell from behind me. I turned to see my band friend Kalli running at me with her flute case bobbing in her hands. She was kind of shorter then me, but not by much and she wore black tin rimmed glasses that kept bobbing on her face as she ran to catch up to me. Kalli also had short brown hair like me; she wore a cameo jacket, with a black shirt fire coming up from the bottom, with black sweat pants. She is one of my best friends that always tries to make me fell ok when I’m sad and always know what to say at the right time. I stayed where I was until she caught up with me, I saw she had her drawing notebook with her when we have to wait and she is an amazing artist.

“Hey Kalli, how have you been," I asked trying to be polite.

“Fine, but I really wish my alarm clock didn't break in the middle of the night. I woke up 10 minutes ago and was rushing to get everything ready," Kalli explained to me as we got in view of the school. Draken middle school is a very nice school, with a fresh paint job every year, state of the art facilities such as computer labs, I.T labs, music rooms with a huge selection of musical instruments to choose from, and so much more. They have the best staff with amazing chiefs, awesome teacher, and a very kind principle. Draken also has a wide selection of clubs to choose from like band, basketball teams, cheerleading, and so much more to choose from.

We got to the front doors very quickly and got to the music room to hear the sweet sound of a harp echoed thought the metal door. We entered the music room and found our friend Emily playing her harp, making the most wonderful sound I have every heard. Emily was a 13 year old girl who was my height, she had long, blond hair, thin blue glasses, and she was wearing a blue shirt with a lovely forest on it. Her harp was made of wood with a golden rim on it; her grandfather gave it to her on her birthday before he died of a heart attack. Emily didn't see us so I carefully got out my clarinet, like Emily, I got this from my dad before he died in a car crash. It was blue and green while the buttons were made of gold.

I brought it up to my lips and started to play a low tune and with her harp it made an amazing tune. Emily jumped when she heard me play and her light blue eyes showed relief when saw it was just me and Kalli.

"What the hell, you could have given me a heart attack you idiot," Emily screamed at me, clearly angry when I got done playing.

"But I didn't, now did I," I joked and laughed with them. Just then, my friend Noah came in, holding his guitar case in his hands. He was about my size, with short brown hair, brown eyes, and freckles covered both of his cheeks. He wore his usual weight and blacked stripped sweatshirt with a minecraft shirt under it, with his usual jeans. He must have gotten mixed up with a rock band club again, I thought.

“Did I get confused again," Noah asked, confirming my suspicions. We all started to laugh even more and I was on the verge of crying or wetting myself. After all of that, we all sat down and got ready for the club to start. The last of the band members, Robert, Josh, Dylen, Erynn, Maddie, and Justin came in and sat down as we all started to talk. Robert is a very tall 14 year old, with short, curley black hair, black glasses, and blue eyes. He wore his usual plain brown shirt with black shorts. He held his brass trumpet's case in his lap and got it out to show that the three buttons had a diffrent symbol on them.

Josh is my friend who plays the violin. He was a 13 year old about my size, he had buzz cut of black hair, with brown eyes. He wore a red shirt with a picture of a lake and a fisher holding a giant fish. Dylen is my friend who playes tuba and takes an interest in painting. He was a little shorter them me, with short blond hair, and dark blue eyes.He wore a wight sweatshirt and his normal jeans. Erynn is one of my female friends who play the recorder, she hasn't even played a flute before. She is a little shorter then, with blond hair with purple highlights, and had brown eyes. She wore a black dress with sparkley pink stripes near the bottom, and her favorite pair of jeans. Maddie is my friend who playes the acustic guitar, she comes here to talk to her friends that she rearly see. She is a tall girl with long brown hair, and she has light blue eyes. She wore her normal pink shirt with black pants. Lastly, my friend Justin who playes the saxophone and is actually very good at it too. He has short brown hair, and brown eyes. He wore a blue sweatshirt with black sweatpants.

We all started to play our instruments while we waited for the teacher to show up. After a my performace, the teacher walked in saying "Sorry im late, I had a little unsuspected duty, so I decided to bring the students in detention here so I could teach, now come in," Mr. Nicket told us as the kids from the detention walked in, and that is where the problems begane and where the truth came out.

© Copyright 2013 Dragonwriter (dragonface198 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963763-Spirit-Wars-Ch-1