*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1964397-The-Demons-Voice---Chapter-1
by Anadia
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Dark · #1964397
I've always felt as if I didn't belong in this world, my soul always felt more connected to the spirit world than the physical realm. I never spoke of this though, not to many anyway. Most would call me crazy or say it was my imagination.

As a kid I spoke to many different souls, most call them ghost but to me I knew better, a ghost is only a soul free from its physical body, unfortunately like many kids I grew out of the amazement and wonder of it all and was eventually taken over by fear and anguish



It wasn't the spirits themselves who clouded my gift, it was the humans. the children bullied me day in and day out, because of this for the longest time I was an empty shell. I felt nothing and looking back on it it's like my whole life was in black and white, and my memories of that time reflect that fact, all my memories of that time are seen in black and white



All that was years ago now, so I try not to dwell on it too much, I'm older now and my gifts are finally starting to return, I often sense if not see spirits around me, however, I am more afraid than ever. I no longer see just the spirits of humans surrounding me, it's the spirits of the dammed, demons. One in particular has become very close to me and my soul and he never leaves my side for very long. He tells me stories of what I, apparently, really am.



My name is Ruby-rose Louise Costello, I am eighteen turning nineteen in a week's time, I have lived in the same town my whole life. I am a simple girl with simple desires, I like reason, writing and acting like a total loon with my best friend Nicole Williams, she's the same age as me and have been friends since we were about eight years old.



Other than Nicole I have one other really good friend, her name is willow and she is the most hyperactive loon you could never meet, she may be two years younger than me but we have been great friends for years now, and I really couldn't imagine my life without her



Willow and Nichole are two of the most important people in my life, but two of the least important people to this story, no, only one human really matters in this story, my boyfriend, Marcus Drattini. He is the kind of guy who looks big and intimidating but inside is just a big old softy. We connected in a way we thought we could never connect to anyone, like me, he has his secrets he can't share with just anyone. These secrets stay between us, I know his crazy and he knows mine.



This story starts long after we had discovered each other secrets and just a few months after I had started my first job, it wasn't anything flashy, I was just another check out chick at one of those stores that sell everything, I was happy though, I was earning money and on my way to starting my own life, the people there were friendly and the money was decent.



There was still a part of me that felt lonely and almost jealousy of everyone around me, Marcus was at university and my two friends were still at school (Nicole had to repeat a year). I was proud of them all as well, of course, unlike me they had direction.



I was stuck in a place where I wasn't sure where I could go, what I could do, or even what I wanted, despite all this I was mostly happy, I never really aspired to do much with my life, I was a simple person with simple goals, all I wanted was a family Life has a funny way of not turning out how you want it though, my simple life had become complicated thanks to a little demon named Damon, and my mind had become a constant argument with him.
© Copyright 2013 Anadia (anadia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1964397-The-Demons-Voice---Chapter-1