*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1965184-The-Kingdom-in-the-Stars
by Lazly
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1965184
A young sorceress' quest to defeat an evil knight and save the world.
**I'm a begginer, this is a draft, review please.**
# Act 1
## Chapter 1
### Betrayal
    It had been a scary night, for Kizaga at least. Her trust had been betrayed, and for her, that was cataclysmal. But, she knew she needed to soldier on, as the betrayer wouldn't hesitate to finish the job. Her dress was stained with her own blood, that dress that was so special to her. The combination of death's shadow looming over her and her mother's dress brought back memories, but that wasn't important.
    Kizaga was coated in rain and blood and wanted to keep going, but she just collapse to her knees, fell on her face and rolled over into a cave, putting her back against the wall, then coughing up blood. Zack sucked out her power with his magic sword, but she had a little left, and though she vowed to only use her power for the good of others, now was as good a time as any other. She latched her hand tight onto her bleeding abdomen and focused her energy on it. Slowly but surely, it began to heal, and she was finally able to close her eyes with the pain gone. *The sorceress sorority will be angry about this,* she thought before she fell asleep.
    Kizaga was now in what she called another, known ever since she was a kid as the dream world. This was a sacred place to her, the place the truth could be seen. She had a vision in this dream that would reveal to her what she needed to do. Earlier that day, one of her most trusted friends turned his back to her. All he wanted was power-- the power to take everything. Kizaga had that power, but didn't abuse it, she used it the best she could to help everyone in the world to create perfect place for everyone to live. Zack would do just the opposite, it would be his alone. The world would lie in ashes, razed north and south, east and west.
    Kizaga snapped awake and jumped up on her feet, but landed on her heels and fell back onto her rump. She had a determined look on her face, one that would stay with her on her quest, the quest to stop that vision from ever happening, even if it meant killing Zack. She trembled at that thought while walking away from the cave, even while rubbing her backside to ease the pain from her fall. The entire expanse of the world, Theia, showed itself to her, reminding her if the world she wanted to protect, of her friends. She continued to walk through the highlands with her head held high.
    After a while, she slowed down and then halted with one foot forward, dropped her shoulders and lowered her head, realizing there she was walking with no destination in mind. She was just crossing over one of the main roads, which is what made her realize her foolishness, so she figured if she followed it, she would be fine. The road was just a simple dirt road, monotonous except for the occasional travelling trader. One particular trader actually noticed the stained dress and offered to sell her "stylish" clothes but she declined, saying she didn't have the money to meet her price. The kind-hearted trader let her have the clothes anyway. Kizaga eagerly ran behind a section of thick bush and changed into those clothes, a sky blue skirt that was a bit above shoe height and a white blouse tucked into the skirt. She thanked the trader and ran with some sense of urgency, realizing she needed to find her best friend.
    With that stained dress in hand, she could see a town over the hill. The town, called Gatile, had a rather interesting history that reminded Kizaga of herself. A man, frustrated with the world's corrupt state, wanted a place to exist where thieves and lies had no place. At that time, there was a place that never changed, a place called the freezing desert, because it is rumored that it used to be a desert. Due to its extreme cold, no one thought it would ever be possible to survive there. But somehow, the man made the calm the intensity of the eternal blizzard enough for the area to support life, then built a city. The legend doesn't speak of how he did it, but Kizaga thinks it was magic. That's the reason she became a sorceress. A way to make her dreams come true.
    Having arrived at Gatile, Kizaga walked around town in a heat wave, showing random passerby a photo of her friend, asking if she'd been seen. She could taste the sweat in her mouth and kept hunching over and fanning herself, sighing loudly. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted a young man with spiky hair and glasses and ran over to him. She could feel the air circulate through her skirt as she ran, and relaxed her eyes at how good that felt. The man raised and eyebrow and looked at her face that had a blissful expression on it, wondering if she was lovestruck or something. She instantly got the signal and raised her hands then shook them side to side, shaking her head a little with wide eyes. "Laz!" she exclaimed. He looked at her with a cocked head. "You have me confused with someone else." he said.
    Kizaga walked away with her hand over her mouth, blushing a bit from her mistake. Feeling not too sharp, she walked over to the nearest café for coffee. When she sat down, the woman in charge freed herself from her occupation of grinding coffee beans and asked what she wanted. Kizaga asked for black coffee, then explained what had happened just for the sake of telling someone, causing the woman to respond with a few nods and the coffee Kizaga asked for. Kizaga stared into the mug her coffee was poured into and observed the ripples in the liquid as she added a spoonful of sugar. What should I do? she thought. Her encounter with that man had stirred up her desire to meet with anyone she knew. Of course, she had lost most of her magic power, so she couldn't just warp somewhere. She sat for a while, thinking about how she could regain them.
    After reaching into the depths of her memory, she gulped down the coffee, which had gone cold, then rushed outside and stared up at the frosty Gatile mountains. The woman at the café never charged her for that coffee. Kizaga remembered more of the legend of Gatile from the book she read so long ago. The legend spoke of the source of the absolute freeze. There was no details, just the fact that it was something in the peak of the mountain. Kizaga hated the cold and dreaded going up there, but she needed to. She took a wild guess that whatever was in that mountain could help her increase her magical power quickly. Kizaga sighed and walked over to the clothing shop to buy clothes that people would use in the winter, even though that wasn't the season at the time. The shopkeeper welcomed her without stepping out from behind the counter and pointed at some new wares he just bought, made by hand. She shook her head, then moved them asde to show the warm wool clothes of various colors. She picked out black set of a skirt and a blouse, what she usually wore, which were strange things to make out of wool. Then, she took an overcoat that was so long she would drag it on the ground behind her, and finally she took a wool cap or the same color. She chose this color to keep herself a bit warmer, as the color absorbs heat.
    The shopkeeper gave her puzzled look at the choice of clothes, but didn't question his customer. She gave him last of her money, knowing it was enough, and told him to keep the change. The shopkeeper gave her a messenger bag as "free gift", but he actually meant to return the change. She stuffed the clothes into the bag along with that dress she's had under her arm with no organization whatsoever and put it over her shoulder. She thanked the shopkeeper and walked out of the shop, seeing the man from earlier who looked like her friend enter after her. Paying no mind, she began the trek towards the mountain, leaving Gatile and heading towards the heart of the region.
## Chapter  2
### Frost
Kizaga had arrived at the base of the rocky, icy mountains she intended to climb. The problem was, she didn't know which one she had to climb. She had her wool clothes on, but she didn't want to spend too long there, so she chooses the smallest one first. It looked treacherous, like an avalanche could happen at any moment, and her boots sunk into the snow with every step she took. She shivered out of both fear and the cold she felt in her legs that ran up her body. This was the life-threatening cold that killed so many travellers long ago. In fact, this area was meant to be off limits by order of the king of Gatile, but the guards were irresponsibly taking a snooze. Kizaga kind of wished they were awake, but deep down, she knew that was a blessing.
© Copyright 2013 Lazly (zhoom123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1965184-The-Kingdom-in-the-Stars