*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1965398-Prologue
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1965398
I wanted to see if the prologue of this story was any good before I continued.
Voices buzzed in my mind, screaming and yelling so loud it was unbearable; and yet, I couldn't seem to make out what they were saying. As blood dripped down into my eyes, blurring my vision, I tried to look around, not knowing what to do next. My three companions lye sprawled on the ground, lifeless, soaking in pools of blood that were still warm. Then I turned my tired gaze towards the enemy. He was eyeing me with glare that told me I was to be the next to be killed; and I think we both knew there was nothing I could do about it. I was practically staring death in the face. As I tried to lift my shield, my arms gave out, and it fell to the ground with a bone shattering crack as the worn metal split into pieces. I knew that if I tried to reach down and grab my sword I would use up what little energy I had left and fall to the ground like a stone; and that would just make it easier for him to kill me. The voices in my head seemed to get louder. It almost sounded as if they where calling my name. My vision blackened. All I could see was darkness all around me. When my vision started to clear, my head was spinning, and all I could see was my attacker. He stood on two legs though he had the body of a dragon. His scales were a color darker than black, he had emerald green eyes, and razor sharp fangs that wear stained with death by blood. He also had wings, of the same evil dark color, that had strikes off deadly bright yellow. As he charged at me, his blade like claws glistened crimson with blood in the dark ominous lighting, ready to rip apart the flesh of his final victim. The voices wailed in my head so loud, I was sure the people on the world below could hear their cries. The voices almost sounded familiar, but no matter how hard I tried, I could not match them with a face. But when I heard their final scream, it sent me back; and I saw my whole life before my eyes. I remembered how I got here, and time seemed to stop... To be continued.
© Copyright 2013 agentA98 (agenta98 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1965398-Prologue