*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1965907-As-Snow-Falls-to-My-Unknown-face
by Nagisa
Rated: E · Short Story · Melodrama · #1965907
A dream I once had about alzheimer's or memory loss.

"Silver bells... Silver bells..."
That faint... but, soothing sound of Christmas carolers. That small glow of colorful lights beyond the blizzarding white snow hiding that ever so faint cry of where i lay. That is... from what i remember. Wakening up in a dark place with trees, but still hearing that soothing song. What was the name of that song? What am i doing here?
I gasped, feeling the cold all over my body. From what I can see outside... snow.
"Snow? its snowing" I looked down at myself, only wearing a Sweater, under a Black jacket along with jeans and winter boots. I slowly got up, only to come to sudden crash back onto the cold dirt floor. A sharp pain inflicted my head, causing me to cry in pain. once the pain left I slowly crawled to the nearest this to grab on. I was quite weak, not being able to pick myself up cause a great pain in my chest and head. I leaned up to the tree to grab my breath, resting, listing to that ever sweet tune.
"Silent night..hmm..hmmm..."
I murmured, looking up at the sky as snow falls to my unknown face. I preceded to walk, holding on to trees one by one. I tried to follow the soothing sound, more and more trees as the sound grew. by then I could walk on my own, slowly but surely the song got closer.
But then a noise.. sounds.. of growling slowly creeped up from behind me giving of a sudden bark. I turned around to find a black fury beast with red eyes slowing approaching me. I shivered and tried to slowly walk backwards, it screamed at me once more, moving closer. I couldn't hear that soothing tune I once sang. Only the the sudden growls of the beast in front of me. I dropped to the floor, shivering in the snow, not even knowing what is going on.. I bit my lip, in udder disappointment. I sat under a rock slant buried under snow, i secretly grabbed the medium rock and waited for the beasts attack. Droop dripped down from the beasts mouth with every growl, it barked once more as it dashed towards me. I bit my lip, ad closed my eyes in hope this works.
"ARCK"
The beast cried, with warmness on my hands. I pushed the wolf off me as i got up again, I sighed in relief. Yet soon, a black smoke began to emit from the body followed by a green fire causing the beast to disappear. with only the sharp rock covered in blood, surrounding in blood. I quickly walked in an unknown direction.. lost.. when i was far enough I remembered that song i was hearing earlier.. I stopped sitting on the snow, I closed my eyes.. and tried to hear it once more...
.....
.......
...........
.............. nothing, not even one hum.. a tear fell from my eye, followed by a few more. I stopped myself and stood up to begin walking once more. As I walked father and father, the snow increased and it got colder and colder.. I lifted my hand, to see if there was hood on the back of this jacket, and it was followed by my apparently long hair hair that was in a bun.. I let my hair fall to about my breasts. Longish black wavy hair, soon was covered my the jackets hood.. that wasn't so much help either. As my walked continued.. it seemed like I wasn't getting anywhere.. just more trees and snow again and again... I was almost read to give up, until I saw a faint opening of where the trees end. i started to walk faster and faster until i hit the end.
I came to a giant grassy opening filed with snow for miles and miles followed with the line of tress cresending it.
"Heh.." I laughed while sighing.. looking up into the sky.. seeing the dark blue night sky with beautiful moon goddess above us. I smiled.. as I began to lye down... closing my eyes once more..
© Copyright 2013 Nagisa (nagisa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1965907-As-Snow-Falls-to-My-Unknown-face