*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966332-Pressure-Drop---Movie-script-sample
Rated: E · Other · Crime/Gangster · #1966332
A skinhead gang is caught in the crossfire of two opposing mob of gangsters

EXT. NIGHT. A NOTTING HILL STREET.

Caption: "Notting Hill August 1958.

SFX: A riot in progress

Fade up:

A MONTAGE OF IMAGES

Negro houses being attacked, windows being smashed by thrown objects.

A doorway being hit by a thrown molotov cocktail. A splash of flame.

A black guy runs with an armed gang of Teddy boys in pursuit. He trips and falls, sprawling across the pavement. The mob that was chasing him swiftly surround and attack the fallen negro. After a few kicks the teddy boy mob react to the arrival of a gang of black youths. Who run into the affray.

Over this is a voice.

GARY LONG  (O.C.)

In 1958 Notting Hill was set ablaze, as racial tension lit the blue touch paper and the streets exploded into violence.....

A young Ronnie Ronson, Teddy boy by choice, takes one last kick at the fallen man. Before clubbing to the ground an attacking negro, with the cut length of railing he is holding.

GARY LONG  (CONT'D)

Ronnie Ronson and his cronies were in the thick of, as nutty as a fruit cake he hated black people with a venom.

The scene is a mass gang on gang brawl. Weapons being used on both sides....Bottles Rain down from overhead windows. The size of the Teddy boy mob is suddenly increasing...Molotov Cocktails  are being thrown.

GARY LONG O.C.

Many were hospitalised and a hundred and eight were arrested during that bank holiday weekend...both black and white.

GARY LONG O.C. (CONT'D)

What could the Caribbean community do in response? They started a bloody carnival.

The scene changes from street riots to a carnival parade. The air is full of calypso music.

GARY LONG O.C. (CONT'D)

saw the birth of the Notting Hill carnival White and black people got down and partied, whilst Ronnie Ronson listened to the rantings of Oswald Mosley and later Enoch Powell. Some leopards never change their spots.

GARY LONG O.C. (CONT'D)

I was just a kid when the riots happened yet the magic of those early carnivals I'll never forget. I went to school with Caribbean kids we integrated. Looked up to the Mods with their love of soul music in the sixties. Ronnie and his type were dinosaurs....Yet All dinasaurs have their bite as we were to find out as young skinheads bound together by a love of ska and Jamaican music.

GARY LONG O.C. (CONT'D)

So lets fast forward to the end of the sixties and unravel the bloody mess that was to follow.....

EXT NIGHT. RAILWAY ARCHES.

A Rolls Royce, moves slowly past the workshops underneath the arches. Rain plays down on the scene.

INT NIGHT ROLLS ROYCE.

LITTLE TONY sits on the rear seat, puffing lightly at a Cuban cigar. In the front are his Driver Ernie and his minder Terry Two Blades.

GARY LONG (V.O.)

Little Tony is old school, he prefers to be called a businessman but most know him as a fucking gangster. No correction - the number one gangster!

EXT NIGHT. RAILWAY ARCHES.

GARY LONG (V.O.)

This particular night he was having a meeting with Councillor Ness...Choice of location was dismal unless of course you want privacy away from prying eyes.

The Rolls Royce halts some ten feet away from a Jaguar. ROBERT NESS leaves his car and hurries, hunched against the rain to the Rolls Royce.

INT NIGHT. ROLLS ROYCE

Robert Ness opens the door and steps into Little Tony's world.

ROBERT NESS

Its good to meet you at last Tony!

Little Tony shakes the offered hand

LITTLE TONY

Likewise councillor - whats the proposal you mentioned?

Cue Music

Little Tony and Robert Ness discuss a deal. Robert Ness has some paper work to back up his proposal.

GARY LONG (V.O.)

No one knew about the meeting let alone any deal, circumstances would bring us into contact with Little Tony. Who am I ?

EXT DAY. FOOTBALL TERRACES.

In the crowd is a gang of menacing looking skinheads.

GARY LONG (V.O.) (CONT'D)

The name's Gary Long, that's me and my mates getting some boot in at the Chelsea Newcastle game. Though I am in the know, this story is about a mate of mine called Graham Stone. He was missing the action on account of his father being buried this day.

LESLEY CROWHURST

Nukes!

GARY LONG

Where?

LESLEY CROWHURST

Over there...

He points wildly at a confrontation building between the Streatham gang and a collection of Newcastle supporters on the Shed end terrace.

GARY LONG

Let's Have Some...

Gary Long and Friends move towards the trouble spot.

One of the Newcastle supporters tests his scarf is secured to his wrist, then punches first one, then another of the Streatham Gang. The victims fall back. A space opens up around the trouble and the Newcastle fan is dancing like Ali and beckoning on fresh challengers.

An older skinhead, one of the Butcher Boys, steps forward, picks his moment and dives in with a single punch. Without stopping he exits the arena on the other side.

The Newcastle fan grunts and folds.

Just as Gary Long gets there, fists at the ready. The friends of the Newcastle fan dive to pick up their fallen comrade.

NEWCASTLE HOOLIGAN

Jesus he's been stabbed!

At that everyone scatters, Gary Long is still looking on.

NEWCASTLE HOOLIGAN 2

There's one of the skinhead barstards.

GARY LONG (V.O.)

Time I wasn't here...

As Gary Runs from the scene he is chased by several of the stab victims friends. Until the rest of Gary's gang heads them off. A glorious and short lived fight breaks out..

MELANIE CARSON

Old Bill!

Heeding the warning the skinheads scatter. Gary finds himself evading the police in the company of "Ace" one of two Caribbean skinheads in the gang.

EXT. DAY FULHAM BROADWAY.

GARY LONG and ACE are in a crowd being ushered along the street by police. When bricks and bottles come flying out of a side street. The Newcastle fans are seeking revenge. Yet a mounted section of Police scatters the would be brawlers.

INT DAY. FULHAM BROADWAY TUBE STATION

There is a fair sized crowd there, when a fight breaks out and sends people sprawling down the stairs. Gary Long is stomping a fallen Newcastle fan on the stairs.

INT DAY TUBE TRAIN.

A Geordie is being held prisoner by a mob from Hammersmith. Gary and Ace sit opposite them as the leader has his arm draped over the Geordie's shoulders.

HAMMERSMITH SKIN

Let's Chuck him under a train...

As the Geordie trys to move away the Leader slaps his face as a warning.

HAMMERSMITH SKIN

Nah lets cut the fucker into ribbons

He produces a flick knife and grins wickedly as he presses the button. The Geordie looks petrified.

Boring with the torment they give the Geordie a couple of slaps and throw him out onto the platform as the doors close.

EXT DAY. CLAPHAM HIGH ROAD.

Ace cuts away down a footpath

ACE

See yer later Gary

GARY LONG

Yeah tonight mate!

EXT. DAY. MONKTON PARK HOUSING ESTATE.

At the edge of the estate Gary Long spies Monkey sitting on the wall.

GARY LONG

Alright girl?

MONKEY

Hello Gary, back from football?

GARY LONG

Yeah you been doing much?

MONKEY

Nah saw Graham earlier!

GARY LONG

Where was that?

MONKEY

He went passed in a limo, on the way to the funeral I guess!

GARY LONG

I wonder how he's getting on?

EXT. DAY. THE PIG AND WHISTLE PUBLIC HOUSE

A young skinhead called Graham Stone is manhandled from the pub.

GRAHAM STONE

Leave off!

BURLY MAN

Take a walk and calm down a bit

GRAHAM STONE

I'll fucking kill him!

BURLY MAN

Just go!

Over the street are a crowd of bingo goers at the bus stop.

CLARISSA

What do you make of that?

ANNABELLE

I don't know!

CLARISSA

Perhaps that's best!

Graham is storming off towards the high street.

Caption: Meanwhile......

INT DAY. CRAYFORD DOG TRACK.

Clark walks up to Sean Dryfuss, a CID officer with a huge gambling problem.

CLARK

How's your luck?

SEAN DRYFUSS

All bad!

CLARK

Well like I said before if you want a sponsor that can be arranged.

SEAN DRYFUSS

Not ready for that yet..

CLARK

Well don't leave it too late

Clark walks away.

Sean Dryfuss screws up his betting slip and tosses it to the ground.

INT NIGHT. The CROWN AND SCEPTER PUBLIC HOUSE.

The Monkton Park skinhead gang are at their usual tables.

STRANGER

Oi Leave it out..

The skinheads look to the door and Graham is there glowering over a fallen hippy.

GARY LONG

Shit

Gary dives to get to his friend before the Bouncers.

As Gary placates Graham, Ace holds his hands up to the bouncers.

ACE

Its alright we got it.

The Bouncers looks the situation over.

BOUNCER 1

Keep a leash on him.

ACE

Will do boss

Back at their seats, with Graham sat between them.

GRAHAM STONE

Its not the hippy's fault, its my uncle

INT DAY. PIG AND WHISTLE PUBLIC HOUSE

Graham attempts to hit his uncle Ronnie Ronson with a bottle. Funeral goers jump in and disarm him.

GRAHAM STONE (V.O.)

Fucking toe rag thought my old man's business should have gone to him.

Graham is manhandled from the wake.

GRAHAM STONE (V.O.) (CONT'D)

Had to walk out on my own father's wake.

INT NIGHT CROWN AND SCEPTER PUBLIC HOUSE

GARY LONG

What you need is a night out mate.

GRAHAM STONE

Do I ever...

INT NIGHT LONDON ROUTEMASTER BUS, UPPER DECK

Monkey sits with Graham, while Ace, Gary and Ian play the fool. Looking out the window they see a fight going on between two skinheads. Over looked by PENNY, who is calling for them to stop fighting.

Gary shouts out the window.

GARY LONG

Go on hit him..

Penny looks up at the bus. Provoking catcalls from the Monkton Park skinheads.

A little later

GARY LONG (CONT'D)

Our stop

The Monkton Park Skinheads get up as Gary rings the bell.

They boisterously file down the stairs.

INT. NIGHT TOP RANK DANCEHALL.

Gary and the rest of them pay their money and enter the club which has a Motown record playing.

INT NIGHT DANCEFLOOR AND BAR.

The club is packed tight as is the bar. The gang heads for the bar and another drink. They are greeted by several other skinheads who know them.

Several drinks later.....

Chris spots Penny looking around and decides to make a move on her.

CHRIS

On your own now?

PENNY

Sorry?

CHRIS

Saw you on the high street some fight was going on.

PENNY

Where were you?

CHRIS

On the bus, you looked up. What was the fight about?

PENNY

An ex didn't like my current boyfriend.

CHRIS

So where's the boyfriend now?

PENNY shrugs her shoulders.

PENNY

Gone home, I guess he's finished with me.

CHRIS

You want a drink?

Penny nods and Chris takes her hand and leads her away to the bar.

A little later....

MONKEY is talking with KAREN

MONKEY

When's John next on leave

KAREN

Two weeks time

MONKEY

You looking forward to it?

Karen just flashes her a look that asks Monkey what does she think?

Behind them Gary, Ace, Errol and Graham are dancing to a skinhead reggae record.

Whilst Chris and Penny look on, Chris turns to Penny

CHRIS

Look after my drink I need to use the loo!

Penny accepts his glass.

INT NIGHT TOP RANK TOILETS.

Chris is pissing at the Urinal, when he gets the feeling he's being watched. Looking over his shoulder there are three skinheads. Including Ginge who was fighting Penny's boyfriend on the highstreet.

CHRIS

You want something?

GINGE

Yeah revenge!

CHRIS

For what?

GINGE

Coming between me and my bird

Chris finishes pissing and zips up as the three skinheads spread out.

Taking the best option Chris lashes out at one of the skinheads and catches him with a good punch, but a boot in his back knocks Chris to the floor. Half up a boot to the face flips Chris to his back and Ginge and his two friends put the boot in.

© Copyright 2013 Steve Goodman (stevegrogger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966332-Pressure-Drop---Movie-script-sample