*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966350-City---first-draft
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Entertainment · #1966350
This is the first draft of a prose piece.
City
I came to a city buzzing with excitement. People, animals and music are constantly changing. But once you see one face, it’s lost in the crowd. Everything is in motion and the city is alive. The city calls people in from all over. It entices them with music and dancing and sex. People come and go again and again. But one man remains. He never leaves nor changes. He stands at the corner every night. An unchanged smile remains on his face. Late in the night, he is swarmed by people and animals. People pass by and return as wolves and hyenas. They take all he has but he continues to give. This is his life in his city. Every four years are just one year to him. He learns the people and their ways. But when his year ends, his friends are gone and new ones arrive to strip him of what he has which he freely gives. This is the city of Athens.
© Copyright 2013 Charlotte (charlotte92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966350-City---first-draft