*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966541-Day-10-Lords-A-Leaping
Rated: E · Short Story · Holiday · #1966541
Short story for 12 Days Of Christmas Writing from a picture prompt.
Patrice and Paul lived in England and loved riding horses. They were newlyweds and tomorrow was Christmas. They were out riding on their horses.

"Bet you can't keep up." Patrice smiled mischievously.

"I will take that bet."

"You're on!"

Patrice nudged her horse and away they went. Paul was trying to keep up.

Just then ten men came by on horses. They were standing on horses and leaping on the ground and back to the horses.

Patrice watched in disbelief.

"How do you do that without getting hurt?" she asked.

"In the beginning, we fell down a lot. We are all Lords and we do this for charity. I am Lord Stanley Stephson."

"You are talented .Oh look! There is Lord Nathienel Aldrige and Lord William Mcnorton." Patrice waved to them.

"Hello Lady Patrice and Viscount Paul."

Patrice and Paul waved. Patrice got brave and stood up on her horse and leaped to the ground and Paul did the same. Patrice landed on Paul's horse and he grabbed her.

"Are you alright?" Paul asked.

"I think so. I think I will let them have all the fun."

The Lords kept a leaping. Patrice and Paul waved to them and headed for home.

Patrice and Paul lived in a big old mansion. They put the horses in the barn and went into the house. Patrice took time to pet her horse's colt Thunderbolt. They fed him carrots and she hugged him. It started to snow. Patrice thought of "The 12 Days f Christmas" song. She never thought that she would see ten Lords A Leaping. She looked outside and saw the Lords dancing with nine ladies.

"Patrice, you are amazing. You love that little guy as much as I love you." Paul and Patrice hugged. She had long beautiful red hair and Paul had blonde hair and they were a cute couple.

She felt a kick in her stomach. How could she forget. She is pregnant and this felt like a Lord A Leaping. She laughed. She was going to tell Paul about the baby tomorrow. She was surprised that he hadn't figured it out, yet. It was time to feed her partridge. He lived in her Christmas tree for now. They would make him a new home later. She and Paul were having a baby and she knew that she would be a good mother. No more leaping for her. Let the Lords do that!

403 Words

** Image ID #916905 Unavailable **



© Copyright 2013 Princess Megan Rose (tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966541-Day-10-Lords-A-Leaping