*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966679-Trigger
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Young Adult · #1966679
She's just as lost as the rest of us
Raining again and she doesn't know how to react to it anymore considering its all she ever feels inside.

The rain was just another phase to her the hard pouring sound of it hitting the ground with a rush.

She began to call it home. A comfort feeling of the dark overwhelming her mind and body. It was something she was used to, something she was starting to cope with.

She remembers the day she thought she'd seen a light. A light that was going to pull her back in from the long days of pouring rain and thunder clouds following her.

She had decided it was time to stop. Quit everything she had known. To try something new to let someone else in. As the fear took control of her mind and her hands from the way they moved to the words she began to let slip away from her cold mouth.

'This is not my story' she'd repeat to her mind, she'd told herself this countless amounts of times now. She felt like sooner or later she'd cave into believing that she could fight this dark beast trying to drown her.

She was wrong, the rain became too much, the water became too high and she couldn't reach up any longer. There was no way she was coming back from this feeling, now it had consumed her whole.

The sweat slowly tripped its way down her flustered face from all the tears. She started to stand on the chair and took a life review of everything she had ever done wrong all the people she felt like she'd hurt in the past all the life mistakes she felt she had made. She took one last deep breath and let go. She let go of everything she had, the sister, the single mother, her dog but most of all she let go of herself.

The beast had won and she had become too much to bare.



© Copyright 2013 Charlie (perksofcharlie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966679-Trigger