*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966738-The-Experiment
by Ms Jen
Rated: E · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1966738
Join Blink and Cord as they check on their creation.
The Experiment


"Humans! What a strange species. Totally blind to the troubles of the rest of the planet because they think the world rotates around them.  Humans, how are we going to live with them?" Blink stared hard at the blue planet floating in front of him.

"Geez Blink, is that all you worry about? These human have a mind..." Cut off abruptly, Cord bit his long green tongue.

"Cord, you're missing the point," Blink gruffly interrupted. "We were sent here to check on them. How can we just watch and let them go down the route of destruction?"

The two bright orange creators continued looking at the blue-green planet floating before them. How could a science experiment have gone so wrong. How were they going to fix up their baby before the master teacher realized what they had done.

"Cord, stop being so two faced. I saw what you did. I saw what you did here the last time we visited," Blink snapped.

"What! What are you accusing me of?" Cord howled as if he had been struck.

"The Ancient humans, they were on the right road to becoming great. But you mixed up their history so they can never know the truth. Why would you do that? Why would you rewrite the history?"
He  Looked down in shame. "The master told me these humans would think they are gods. I had no choices if I wanted to save this experiment."

"The master? How does he know?" exclaimed Blink in shock.

"He saw what you did at the lab. He saw that you used the formula that recreates our genius," Cord informed.

"Oh..... so this mission is actually a banishment," Blink realized.

"Sorry buddy."

By Jennifer Thao 12-10-13
Writing to the 12/9/13 prompt "I saw what you did"



© Copyright 2013 Ms Jen (msladyjt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966738-The-Experiment