*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966858-Hey-There-Howre-You-Hanas-Farewell
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Personal · #1966858
A poem written for a friend who committed suicide, and those involved. Meaning at the end
Hey there Flower, how're you?

I miss your voice, your laugh, your smile

I haven't seen you in such a long while

You probably miss me too



Hey there Sun, how're you?

I know you're hurting the most

You guys were once so close

But I knew the truth too



Hey there Purple, how're you?

Soon I'm going to break free

Though I understand why you hate me

But I'm hurting too



Hey there Music, how're you?

You're voice seems so very strong

That we all believe you when you say nothing's wrong

Though I'm like that too



Hey there Light, how're you?

You always seemed so quiet

I guess that's because you keep things private

But now you're crying too



Hey there Flirt, how're you?

We know you're only here to help your friend

But soon you'll see that your heart will bend

Because she affected you too



Hey there Kid, how're you?

I'm sorry this isn't a mistake

You have to learn life's no piece of cake

And that I'm still growing too



Hey there Child, how're you?

You came to see her off

And stifle a cry with a cough

Although you didn't know her too



Hey there Wolf, how're you?

I know she wasn't really yours

But you grew up in their house of four

And now I wonder how you're feeling too



Hey there Fox, how're you?

You refuse to cry and such

I guess that's cause you didn't know her much

But we know you're sad too



Hey there Glasses, how're you?

You're trying to make us laugh

And move on from the past

But we know you cried too



Hey there Beautiful, how're you?

You weren't close, but still you're crying

If you said you didn't care you'd be lying

She changed your life too



Hey there Mr. Popular, how're you?

You set some time away to come

Although this really isn't much fun

But we know she helped you too



Hey there Sun, how're you?

I heard what happened

Now you're just napping

Don't leave me too



Hey there Flower, how're you?

Can't you see our teary eyes?

Can't you hear the stifle cries?

When I die will I see you too?





Meaning-

Flower (Hanna)- The first stanza was written for Hanna. She normally wore floral pattern shirts and occasionally dresses. She loved flowers and was really good at deciphering them. Hanna was my best friend since kindergarten. This stanza was just basically saying how I missed her and even if she's dead she probably misses me and everyone else too.

Sun (Tyler)- Hanna had a twin brother name Tyler. He was the happy-go-lucky type with a big personality, kind of like the sun. He and Hanna were extremely close and he was devastated when he found her body. The truth was referring to her being suicidal and depress. Although he probably knew what happened that day he never blamed me or hated me for it. Just like him and his sister, Tyler and I were extremely close too. He came to me for advice and help on thousands of stuff after Hanna's death.

Purple (Lina)- Lina was one of  Hanna's and my best friends, at least before she died. Lina dyed her hair bright purple before Hanna's death. She dyed it once more last year but it hasn't faded yet. So I thought it would've been appropriate to call her purple. Since, she didn't know Hanna was suicidal it was hard for her to accept the fact that she killed herself. She took her anger out on me because I knew but didn't do anything to stop her. But before any of this happened, she was actually a very kind person. She was quiet and shy with a low self-esteem.

Music (Haden)- Haden was another friend of both me and Hanna. Unlike Lina he didn't blame me for her death. He comforted me through all these years and scold Lina whenever she yelled at me (which cause her to hate me even more because she liked Haden). He always kept a pair of headphones around his neck and allowed his music to play; whether he listened to it or not was a different story. He was really quiet compared to the rest of the group but when he did speak he spoke with confidence and certainty. I really admired that about him. He was able to say anything and make it seem like the truth, whether it was or wasn't didn't matter.

Light (Natalie)- Natalie was Tyler's girlfriend. She was extremely quiet and it wasn't because she was shy. She seemed to have cut herself off from the rest of the world, minus Tyler. I didn't really know much about her, but she seemed nice after getting to know her. She was born an albino, so I called her light (because white seemed racist). She wasn't really close to Hanna either, but Hanna did help hook the two up.

Flirt (Kenny)- One of Natalie's only friends was Kenny (which made Tyler really jealous). He had class with Hanna but they weren't close, just on friendly terms. He went to the funeral to help support Natalie, but eventually he gave in and cried. Although I can't say for sure, Hanna helped Kenny countless of times when he first moved in. He was extremely flirtatious, given his name in my poem.

Kid (Kyle)- Tyler and Hanna had a younger sister name Kyle. She's two years younger than me and was only in third grade when her sister died. I called her Kiddie back then, and I honestly still do now. She had a really hard time excepting the truth, two times worst than Lina, but she never hated me. Instead she used me as Hana's substitute. It worked for a while until I stopped seeing them and was only able to contact them though the internet.

Child (Kunoji)- Kunoji was Kyle's friend. I've only met him three or four times. He didn't seem really close to Hanna but she loved teasing him about how he liked Kyle but she was too stupid to notice.

Wolf (Kevin)- I was original going to put him as loner instead of wolf but I felt that loner didn't sound as serious ('Lone Wolf'). Kevin was Hanna, Tyler, and Kyle's cousin and adopted brother. He was three years older than us but he seemed twenty times more mature than that. This stanza referred to how she wasn't really his sister but he grew up with the three of them anyways. He was distance but extremely over protective with them, this sometimes included me, Haden, and Lina. He seemed calm during the funeral, and I was really curious and worried about how he really felt.

Fox (Keith)- Original I was going  have him as leader, because he was a leader of a gang like thing. I decided to change it to fox for two reasons; first he's extremely sly like a fox and because he and Kevin hate each other yet they work well with one another. He's Natalie's older brother and he wasn't close to Hanna either. Though, he still went to the funeral too.

Glasses (Amy)- Lina had an older sister the same age as Kevin and Keith named Amy. She was one of Kevin's few friends. She was really close to Hanna and was extremely devastated upon the news of her suicide. She wore glasses; sometimes we even called her four-eye or glasses girl. This stanza refers to all of us, but mainly me and Lina. Ever since Hana's death Lina would act innocent as she made crude remarks about me. Amy noticed it and yelled at her sister countless times to consider my feelings.

Beautiful (Erica)- Another friend of Kevin and Amy was Erica. Unlike Amy, Erica wasn't close to me and Hanna, but she was defiantly a pleasant person to be around. Erica was always teased for being 'ugly' (I don't know the details about her getting bullied) but Hanna and I always thought she was extremely beautiful.

Mr. Popular (Ryan)- Haden's older brother and Erica's boyfriend Ryan, was Mr. Popular in their Middle school and still is in their High school. If it weren't for him we wouldn't have met Haden. Ryan was actually supposed to go to a birthday party but decided to cancel and go to Hanna's funeral. A few years before Hanna committed suicide, Ryan had amnesia (I'm not quite sure why or if he really did, all I know/remember was he lost his memories). During this time period Erica confessed to him. He knew who she was but he didn't remember liking her. Hanna and Amy later helped him regain his memory.

Sun (pt. 2)- There stanza was still meant for Tyler doesn't have as much to do with Hanna's death. Last year, Tyler was in a car accident. Kevin was driving and a drunk driver ram down the passenger seat where Tyler was sitting. All three men were injured. Kevin broke his right arm and sustained neck injuries for the following months. The drunken driver died shortly after impact. Tyler on the other hand was in a coma (napping). Luckily, in February of this year he's woken up and is now healing.

Flower (pt. 2) - There is no words to describe this stanza.



© Copyright 2013 Rika Royu (rika_royu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966858-Hey-There-Howre-You-Hanas-Farewell