*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1967087-Counting-my-Blessings
Rated: E · Editorial · Family · #1967087
Thoughts from today's adventure
Sometimes we forget to count our blessings. Many times we take our blessings for granted. Often times, we do not recognize our blessings. In any case, we fail to acknowledge the gift that we have been given.

Today, I am acknowledging a few of the gifts that I have come to take for granted. The love of my children, grandchildren and great grandson. The love and care given to me when I am laying around feeling sick and just don't want to be bothered. The time spent with me when they could be anywhere else on earth. The time they come by and pick up my clothes and take them to the laundry and bring them back washed and neatly folded.

The many breakfasts, lunches and dinners prepared especially for me now that I no longer spend a lot of time in the kitchen. The daily check in telephone calls just to say hello or to make sure that I am okay. The frequent little gifts of things that I like (ice cream, baby ruths, turtles, chocolate covered strawberries, etc.). Attendance with me at some of my most boring meetings. Listening to my mourning and groaning about various issues of which I have no control.

Appreciating my paintings and my writings enough to hang them in their homes or read them over and over and remembering to tell me the parts that they liked most. Driving past my house several times a day and night just to check on me even though I am not always aware of the drive bys.

Most of all, thank you for checking on me at night when I am fast asleep and gently kissing me on my cheek. I dare not let you know that sometimes, I am awake, and your gentle kiss makes me blush.

For me these are truly blessings that may not mean much to some or even to those who are giving them, but to me, they mean so very much! So, today, I want you all to know how much each of these blessings/gifts mean to me. I wrote a poem that says "Give Me My Flowers/Roses While I can Smell Them." Family, thank you for always doing just that, and the smell is DELIGHTFUL, and so are your many hugs and kisses!

© Copyright 2013 G. B. Williams (mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1967087-Counting-my-Blessings