*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1967453-My-Brother
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Roxie
Rated: E · Other · Family · #1967453
As a child I lost my best friend
Eddie


Mom always seemed happy back then until after Edward died then she changed a lot. All I remember about Eddie’s death was that he was real sick for a long time and I couldn’t play with him. Then one day I was sent off to my grandma’s for about a week and when I came back Edward was gone and no one would tell me where he went. As brothers we played together all the time. He was my big buddy and I follower him everywhere. I cried a lot and couldn’t understand what had happened. We both had little toy trucks, mine was red and Eddies was blue. That was about the only toy we had mom couldn’t afford anything else. Eddie always talked to me and helped me when I needed him. We were pals and best buddies and now he is gone. “Why did you leave me Eddie and where did you go I can’t find you,” I called out. Mom said “Eddies gone away and will never come back and all you need to know is he was sick and had to leave.” I ran down to our bed room and looked all around and there was Eddies blue truck he would never leave without his only toy. My insides filled with hurt and I cried a million tears. Why no one would tell me the truth I’ll never know understand but over time listening to people talk I finally realize what had happened. Grandma had bought Eddie a small sailor’s suite to have a picture of him made a couple months before he died and when he was buried he had his sailor suite on. As I sit here trying to write my story I still have tears running down my cheeks for my memories of my best friend that I ever had.

Mom washed all Eddie’s cloths and put them away in a dresser. She packed up all his toys and kept them away in a drawer. As long as I lived at home until I went in the Navy I can remember every year in the spring mom would get out Edwards cloths, wash and iron them and put them away for another year as she cried a heart full of tears. “Eddie, I still miss you after all these years and you are alive in my memories.”

© Copyright 2013 Roxie (rocky2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1967453-My-Brother