*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1968011-Into-The-Leaves
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1968011
A girl with an unknown secret falls into a kingdom at war, and she is to save the city.
I grunt, as I try to rake together the few leaves that litter the ground. This was the only job I could find, and I hated it. I was seventeen, and I should of been living my life. Instead, I was raking leaves in Lincoln Park. I need to contribute as much money I had for Wes and I. I only had my older brother.

Our father was killed when we were young. Our mother is in jail, and we live together. Wes was on drugs when we were younger, but has been clean for years. Wes scares me sometimes. For work, he always is away. "Ahhhh." This pile of leaves seems glued down. I slip, and fall into the large pile. It's a pit.

I look up on a dark, dirt floor. I look around, and see mirrors. I gasp. My appearance has totally changed. My black hair is down and done nicely. My makeup is fierce, and I look stunning. I'm wearing a tight red dress that is all lace.The scary thing is, my eyes have turned purple, I stand, and my wrists are grabbed. A boy with really dark black hair and piercing green eyes walks out of a doorway. "He can see her." he announces. "Who are you?" I snarl. "Well, she's feisty. Prince Orion of Chicago." I am confused as I walk into another room.

"King, she's here. We think this is the sign. The one in the prophecy. The one that will end the war." The prince says. I can't see the King. But, I spot a dark figure. "Let me go." I say, and struggle against the guards. They throw me down, and my dress magically doesn't get dirty. "Hey. Hey." I hear his voice, as the King emerges. I gasp,as does he. "Wes." I say. He stares, then announces. "I present the lost princess, Princess Charlotte." he says.

The guards bow, and people emerge. "Princess Charlie?" I ask Wes. He nods. "Mom and Dad's kingdom." he says. "Mom isn't in jail." he mumbles. "Whop's Orion?" I ask. "My best friend. He's nineteen." he mumbles back. The same age as Wes. "Why am I here?" I ask. "You're going to save us."
© Copyright 2013 DauntlessM (dauntlessm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1968011-Into-The-Leaves