*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1968130-White-Elephant-Treasure
Rated: E · Fiction · Family · #1968130
A White Elephant Sale brings a big surprise for a little girl!
White Elephant Treasure



Melissa was extremely busy this holiday season. She is an English teacher with papers to grade. Her daughter Chandra wants a kitten for Christmas.  She is advanced for her age.Chanda's facial expression was full of fun and curiosity. Chandra loved to help her Mother. When Chandra cleaned her bedroom she created a  spot for a cat .

Mother Sweetpea has a place for her bed. Melisa glanced down at  Chandra and asked, "Who is Sweetpea?"

Sweetpea is the kitty am getting for Christmas. Just a minute Chandra! Your Father and I have to discuss this. Mom I am doing everything to make Sweetpea comfortable when she comes home. Please! Daddy will say yes. He just loves cats!

Please! Ask Daddy please Mommy!



The family had recently moved to Brownstone, New York. God's Grace Baptist Church. had it's annual White Elephant Sale. All proceeds went to the community food bank. This year they added a raffle with awesome prizes.



Chandra did get a cat at Easter. Her parents waited until she understood not to push the button.  Chandra won a pizza coupon at the White Elephant Sale.
© Copyright 2013 express (janicepistek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1968130-White-Elephant-Treasure