*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1968413-Demetrius-in-the-Hospital
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Draft · Emotional · #1968413
This is a short scene I wrote of 2 of my characters in my book series (in progress).
Jessica sat in a cushioned wood chair nearby, and watched him peacefully resting with a plastic face mask over his nose and mouth, blanketed in the hospital bed. His eyes closed as he tried to relax, inhaling and exhaling oxygen at a very slow, calm rate. She gently stroked his black, wavy hair; worriedly adoring him. The heart monitor machine beeped at a steady paced beat. Demetrius was a precious, rare gem as his mother said, which Jessica was blessed to have found. She couldn't lose him, not now. She needed him. Jessica leaned forward and softly kissed Demetrius' forehead while he slept, still stroking his hair. He drowsily opened his eyes, looking up at her and closed them again going back to sleep, his lips turning up in a quiet smile.

Jessica smiled back and whispered, “I love you.”

Demetrius soothingly breathed in and out the oxygen and held Jessica’s hand to his heart. “I love you too,” he said in his sleep, his voice muffled by the mask. Jessica smiled again, and continued to hold his hand wrapped in gauze until he completely drifted asleep. It was their very first anniversary, one they were sure to never forget.

© Copyright 2013 Kay Anderson (kay09 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1968413-Demetrius-in-the-Hospital