*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1968457-If-youre-not-now-you-never-will-be
Rated: E · Article · Community · #1968457
Small article about the American socioeconomic caste system.
    American propaganda likes to boast an image of equal opportunities for all those who work hard. The truth has never been so skewed. What exists today is a socioeconomic caste system focused on enslaving the lower classes. Would you like to escape poverty? Rise out of the slums and make something of yourself! Work hard in school for half of a decade and your dreams may come true! You could go from making minimum wage to making a couple dollars above minimum wage after you waste your youth away being taught to be an obedient slave! Enjoy your new career with a side-helping of insurmountable debt! But hey, if you want to make a living wage, you have to prove that your entire life has been a perfect example of dedication to your enslavement. No questioning is allowed and no gaps in employment ever. If you were ever unemployed or poor, well, we just don't want your kind in our society. If you have ever been arrested, or have a tattoo, you may as well kill yourself because corporate America won't hire you. You don't deserve to live anymore. You don't deserve to provide for your family because you're different.

    The funny part is that they actually expect you to be excited to apply for their non-living wage paying jobs. If you're applying to work at Walmart for instance, what is it you would write down under the question : "Why do you want to become a member of our team?"  Not only are you humiliated that at this point in your life you are still working two or three of these jobs just to pay the bills, but they expect you to be ecstatic that you're getting the "opportunity" to work for such a fine establishment. While Walmart profits $34,880 per minute, it would simply be too much to pay their employees more than the 13 cents per minute without the economy collapsing around us! Without obscene profits at the expense of extorted slave labor from desperate people, what motivation is there for business men? Leave capitalism alone and everything will get better! Yes, this system is great for those lucky few who were born into a squeaky clean family with squeaky clean bank accounts full of paper opportunity to buy slaves when they're old enough. Or you can become a corporate slave yourself and help the progression of the trade!

    The message is made blatantly clear in school. They pound it into your head from grade-school through college, to memorize, obey instruction, and regurgitate information. This is not an education system, it is a slave training system. If it were truly educational, you would be learning things. You would not simply be memorizing information to repeat. A parrot can do that.
Here's a crazy idea; how about if someone is equally knowledgeable and equally capable of performing the same job duties as a person with a Master's degree, but without a paper certificate, they should have the same opportunity to be hired doing said job?
Only then would it truly be an across-the-board equal opportunity.

      When corporate image is more important than the progression and reservation of human life, there is a serious re-evaluation of priorities needed. When opportunities are offered only to those who are born into opportunities and force-fed indoctrinated, darwinistic, inhuman hoarding practices, it is no less than detrimental to all of mankind. Noam Chomsky remarks, "For those who stubbornly seek freedom around the world, there can be no more urgent task than to come to understand the mechanisms and practices of indoctrination. These are easy to perceive in the totalitarian societies, much less so in the propaganda system to which we are subjected and in which all too often we serve as unwilling or unwitting instruments."

© Copyright 2013 Lowlifeprofit (lowlifeprofit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1968457-If-youre-not-now-you-never-will-be