*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1969016-Northwestern-Essay
Rated: E · Essay · Contest · #1969016
Essay for the Summer College Prep Program
Ever since I started school this year, I’ve fallen in love with learning. Before my junior year, I went to school and did my work, but I never really got much out of it. But after I started my advanced placement classes, I’ve become enamored. Learning has become essential to my life. The program at Northwestern will allow me to pursue further education during the summer months, and will also give me a more in-depth and concrete perception of the campus and the atmosphere of the University. In a perfect world, I would pursue a PhD in Chemistry, a Master’s degree in Political Science, and a Master’s degree in Accounting, as well as certification as a CPA. To help me reach these goals, I intend to take Introduction to International Relations and Social Psychology. For years I’ve been enthralled with politics, so I’ve always wanted to take a formal class in it and the International Relations class will let me better analyze current events, and give me further insight into diplomatic deliberations between countries. Over winter break, I did reams of studying for my psychology class, and I realized how much I enjoyed the social-cultural level of analysis, the basis of social psychology. Although I don’t wish to pursue a career in the subject, the Social Psychology class will make me a more rounded person. In my high school, the student population frowns on academic achievement. But in college, academics and the pursuit of knowledge are both celebrated, and it’s an environment in which I want to spend all of my time.
© Copyright 2013 Takealltheseats (mrhomolicious at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1969016-Northwestern-Essay