*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1969072-Looking
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1969072
When love, after death. Never dies.
                                                                                                   Looking



          I hated sleeping after Sara died. My mind would not allow me to. When I did, I would pass out from exhaustion. I would often have this dream. I was wandering on different paths. Each path would lead to a different ending. But tonights dream was not the same as the past ones.
         In front of me was a tall oak tree. Directing me to follow its long pointy branch that hung over a dark path. Before, out of fear. I would not have taken this path. This time, I stood before it wondering where it would lead me.
         In my dreams, I was always searching for her. I did not think she died. I thought she was missing. I often would call out her name. Wanting to scream in pain. This time, my feelings were calm and non harsh. I could breath for once, since her death. At times the pain of her loss was overwhelming. I went with my instict and stepped in to the darkness. It seemed to go on forever. I could see a small flicker of light in the dark. I followed it, the closer I got that light became brighter and more blinding. I finally reached the opening. As I stepped into the blinding light and as my eyes adjusted, I noticed. I was standing before a giant rock, placed neatly in the middle of the field. I wandered slowly through the warm light. I followed the path that lead up this vast rock formation. It over looked a beautiful meadow. I could see for what seemed to be hundreds of miles. Rolling hills, butterflies, this was the most beautiful place that I have ever seen. The air was clean and crisp and the sun tingled my skin. Where ever I was. I felt happy and safe.
          Out of the corner of my eye a white flashing caught my attention. I turned my head to see her. She stood there, beautiful as ever. Sara's silence was peaceful, as she smiled at me, a warm glow of love came off from her. I slowly decended down the steep rock path. When I reached the bottom and rounded the base. She was gone.
         Normally my heart would be shattered. But this time I could feel her love. I felt the warm wind wash over me..I heard..
         "Stop looking for me, I am always with you."
© Copyright 2013 Tonya Priest (masondain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1969072-Looking