*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1969375-Dybbuks-Cavern
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Fanfiction · #1969375
A small thing I did to try and replicate a quest book from the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
         I turned the pick ever so slightly; I could hear the tumblers inside of the lock responding to my movements, and finally, a click. I had finally done it. It was finally mine. I had thwarted all of the Malevolent One’s traps, even sacrificing my only brother to that cursed altar. I smiled. HE couldn’t have it. The treasure is MINE, No one else’s. I staggered into the chamber I had just unlocked, licking the blood from my lips, drawing out my sword and using it as a cane, making sure not to put weight on my leg that had been poisoned. It was only a matter of time before I died from it, but I could get there in time. The pedestal was just over there, on the other side of the room; the secret to unending knowledge, and eternal life. I continued on, the cloudiness in my vision becoming a veil over my consciousness.
         “Is this what you wanted, brother?” I stumbled and fell upon hearing that voice. “LEAVE ME ALONE!” I yelled to the empty room, looking everywhere and finding no one.
         “Should you expect mercy at this stage,” My brother said, “then it is you who is truly insane.” His voice changed and became an annoying tone of mockery and insult. “Oh brother, I can still feel the sacrificial blade, ooohhh the pain!” He said with a cackle. “I can no longer feel pain. I have no more fear of death.” He said. I felt a ghostly chill run down my spine, and I heard a faint whisper: “but you do.” He said. I clawed my way across the ground, trying to get away from the apparition. The Book was near now; I was at the foot of the pedestal. I reached up, and I could feel the soft leather of its cover. I tried to stand, but my legs would not listen.
         “Oh you can’t possibly think to leave this place without your sword you imbecile!” I heard a small chink as the sword I had forgotten in the middle of the room was pulled from in between the ancient cobblestones. “No brother,” He said, “Don’t get up. I’ll bring it to you.” I felt a hard thump on my back, and I slid down the step to the podium. I was lying on my stomach, and it now felt warm and wet. Searing pain went through my abdomen, and the veil of death now covered my vision. Before I faded out, my brother told me one last thing: “Do not fear, brother. I’ll meet you there.” I struggled to stay awake, but the veil was overpowering, and so I caved in, spiraling into the deep abyss of death.
© Copyright 2014 Kenny Dickens (kenny_dickens at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1969375-Dybbuks-Cavern