*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1969410-The-bird
by Aaqib
Rated: E · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1969410
A little excerpt from what I am working on right now.
She was the most beautiful thing I had ever laid my eyes on. It wasn't just because she looked like some divine Goddess, but more, due to the fact that she had this pure mentality that even the kindest of people lacked. Sure, she was a little corrupted. But I held the fact, that she was still too young to understand all this, accountable for the few dark shadows in her existence.



If only I understood then, as I do now, her importance in my life. But of course, now, well now I don't have her within my reach. She flew away like a bird and perched herself on the branch of a tree. I can no longer reach her, because I am a mere mortal stuck on the ground. I cannot climb the tree to heaven, where she is.



Things could be worse, they say. At least she still talks with you. But it isn't the same. The person, who I once revered, is no longer there. The bird that could once fly away to anyplace she desired, has been replaced by someone who I no longer am familiar with. Every day the world changes a little bit, sometimes a lot. We adjust to these changes. But, when someone we love changes into something that we can no longer comprehend, that is when we slowly start to leave our sanity behind.



She is still stuck on that branch. The only difference is she can no longer fly away. She cannot go higher or lower, she has to settle for what she has, nothing more and nothing less.



She talks to me now, as if she barely knows me. She cannot remember all things that we have been through, or maybe she just pretends not to remember. I wish I knew what happened. But some mysteries of life cannot be solved, no matter how hard one tries.



Now, she is just the most beautiful person I ever saw. But it's simply because of how she looks.









© Copyright 2014 Aaqib (aaqibhasib at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1969410-The-bird