*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970013-Never-Before
Rated: E · Short Story · Teen · #1970013
A story about love, battles, and the inner demons that lurk inside of all of us
MONROE



Never before have I seen her like that. English is bent over, laying in the middle of the street. Its okay. Cars haven't driven across them in years. This city is disappeared off the map. Her olive colored hair is escaping from her ponytail. There is so much dirt and grime on her skin she looks like she doesn't know what a shower is. Her gold eyes are rabid, and erratic. She is scratching at the tattoos on her arm,scared.Her black gear is torn and worn. She spots me and screams.



"Shhh. Shhh. I'm here." I whisper. She goes for a dagger, and I show her my arm. There is a dark fox tattooed on my arm. She has the same one on her wrist. Her screams turn to tears. I examine her arm. It is swollen, and clawed. Blood oozes out. "Poision." I mumble. I pick her up, and run. Headquarters is a block away.



"MOVE!" I yell. I toss her on a cot a little too fiercely. I see Fury, my best friend come over. We both were nineteen, and he chose to work in meds. "I told you to stop trying to save them, giving them false hope before death." he mumbles. "Shut up Fury." I say. He looks at me. "You know English agrees with me." he says. "Well, English is on the table now." I say. His face goes slack. "MED HELP NOW! English, the Rebel leader has fallen!"



I sit outside of the operating room in an uncomfortable blue chair. I have multiple people attempt to comfort me. They whisper. The mood is worrisome, and people lurk. I turn her favorite dagger in my hand. I swiped it away when I set her down. It has a bloodstone handle. The green is like my eyes, and the red is for the light inside of the Rebels. There is a black, razor sharp blade. Her favorite color. I see Fury come out, covered in blood. The look on his face is grim.



ENGLISH



I wake with a startle. My eyes flirt around the room, and i start to sit up. There are bandages up and down my arm where the enemy stung me. The nerve of them to stab a seventeen year old girl. I look at the IV at my bedside. I peel off the bandages as I here Fury's sigh. "I put em in you ninny." he says. "Glad. Where's Monroe?" I ask. He came to visit you, but I sent him to get food for you both. I nod. "ENGLISH!" I hear a voice.



"Monroe!" I say. We clash, and he kisses me fiercely. Energy flows through my veins. I see Fury leave. "We need to talk." he says. I hard swallow. "This attack was perfect on their part. Forty of our people our dead. Faye is one of them. What's next?" he asks. I try not to cry at the thought of my dead best friend. "We crush them." I say. "I'll tell them personally. I, English Kingsley, will kill their leader and won't stop until my last breath."



























































© Copyright 2014 DauntlessM (dauntlessm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970013-Never-Before