*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970668-Ballinrobe
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Death · #1970668
Descriptive
For a short while time was inert. Ballinrobe appeared as a sequence of sepia photographs. The stolid landscapes were blackened by the absence of dysfunction. The town had proved defective under the pandemonium of Phytophthora infestans. Thereupon, as was the convention of the time, Ballinrobe manufactured a variation of itself; industrial Darwinism. Silhouetted against the wan shadow cast across the horizon, the obscure impressions of St Mary’s were discernible. The timeworn indentations were ever more palpable as the eye roamed up the spine of the church; being where the brickwork was set against the pinkish twilight sky. The dissipating yellow sun was barely at sea level, ideally positioned to set ablaze the adjacent cemetery.
Heaped earth towered above the laurel green stems. As natives, they laboured the unrelenting gusts, voyaging cross-county with aggregate vigour. Distorted monuments surged from the steeped ground. Dust leapt and spiralled in the evening current, diving from the mount into the narrow sea that severed tomb from tomb. Beneath the packed soil the three blind settled amongst the insensate throng, circumscribed by rosewood fortifications. The unrelenting scientific starkness of death devoured the amorous and anarchistic trials with which human existence is so rarely gifted, and bountifully tore from them pink flesh and wisps of auburn hair.
© Copyright 2014 Tommy_s_91 (tommy_s_69 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970668-Ballinrobe