*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970820-Take-a-Bite-Introduction
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Cultural · #1970820
A bite from an apple can bring more to life than imagined, and the Devil knew this.
I’ve never really done one of these… an allegory they may call it, an account perhaps? Maybe they will call it a lie, I don’t care. The reason I am doing this is because I know I need to get my experience out there, that’s all. Do I want people to believe me? Yeah, I guess I do. Do they have to? Contrary to popular belief, no, they do not have to.

I suppose I should start with a little background. My name is Amelia Gilbert; I am sixteen years old and a junior in high school. My life is ordinary… correction: was ordinary. I went to church irregularly, much to the disappointment of my parents, and to my pleasure. I hung out with my friends, ate pizza and had movie nights on Fridays, and even went out on disastrous dates with boys that made me shudder. Everything was great! And just when I thought my life was going alright my cousin died and after that things... things changed, but more so than your average 'death-in-the-family' kind of change.

Now let me go ahead and say that for most of my life I did not sway one way or another in the politic of religion. Sure, I believed in God, but I wasn’t terribly religious and I did not go about condemning people who did not believe the same that I did. Personally I find that to be one of the most ignorant things a human can do; now I feel even more strongly about this due to the recent events I will soon be divulging to you fine people.

As previously stated I do want people to believe what I am about to say, but I really do not care if anyone does. After this, I’ll probably get banished from my home, but if there is one thing I believe in, it is in telling the truth, at least when knowledge is involved, and let’s be real: most people cannot handle the truth.
© Copyright 2014 Elizabeth Leerman (iamsandra94 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970820-Take-a-Bite-Introduction