*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970903-Finding-Luna
Rated: E · Fiction · Animal · #1970903
One night in Los Angeles,a 13 year old girl Amanda finds a dog that will soon be hers.
Finding Luna

By Chloe Maner



         The moon lit up the night, as my mom and I drove back from Wal-Mart. It was the same dinner as yesterday. There was chicken ,potatoes ,and vegetables. the time was about eight-o-clock in the town of Los Angeles but felt like six-o-clock from the nightlight in the sky. "I can not believe people litter, I mean look at this place," I exclaimed. "Yeah I know, people just don't care," my mom said. "Wait, mom the box is moving!" I gasped. My mom is a worrier so she slowed down and pulled over. I stepped out of the SUV with precaution and turned on the flashlight on my phone. The box was in a ditch so I slowed down and lifted it up. There was a little black and white dog. "Mom, there's a dog!" I shouted. My mom rushed over. "Why look at that it is, and his back leg is bloody!" she cringed. "It probably got hit by a car and came over here to, you know.."I said. "Well honey I am allergic to dogs," she proclaimed. The puppy whimpered and wagged it's tail. It was so happy to see smiling faces. "Can we at least take it to the pet emergency center?" I asked. "They closed at seven, but I guess we can take it home for the night," she said. "Yay!" I shouted. The puppy yelped as I touched it's leg. It was probably fractured or even a little broken. We headed back to the car. The highway was pretty busy. I had to look for a blanket of some sort to prevent the blood from getting on me. the only thing i could find was a towel with car grease. "It works," I said to myself. When we pulled up to the house my mom couldn't stop sneezing because of the dog. She told me to wait in the car while she brought in the groceries. When she came back out, she said to wrap the dog up and bring it inside. I saw my dad as we walked in and he was wearing his plaid pajama pants as usual. "Bill before you freak out we need to show you something," my mom said. "We found a dog!" I shouted as I unwrapped the towel from the warm dog. "Where did you find it?" he asked. We explained what happened and he told me to keep it in my room. He brought out my old dog's bed. I took the dog and the bed to my room upstairs. Since my brother Cade has moved off to college, I decided to leave the dog in there while I ate dinner. While I was in there I found some wrap and wrapped the dog's paw to stop the bleeding. "You be a good girl and I'll be right back," I said. I quickly ran down stairs and gulped down my meal. I told my parents goodnight and that I have everything under control. When I got back in the room, the little dog had fallen asleep. I didn't want to wake it up, so I decided to sleep in there. "Finally these sheets don't smell like dirty socks!" I whispered. I flicked the light off and then I fell asleep. When I woke up, I was surprised to see the dog right beside me! "Aw you like me!" I exclaimed. "I need to name you, I mean it's not like we have to give you up or and that someone would claim you. I though long and hard. "Luna!" that's what I will call you, because we found you at night and Luna means moon. I cupped Luna up and put on my pink slippers. I went downstairs. "Good morning sweetie, my mom said. "Morning," I said back. "Can we please keep the dog? I asked. I'm sorry Amanda, but you thirteen years old, and I don't think were ready for another dog after what happened to Daisy, and plus you know about my allergies," she said. "Rachelle come on, this dog needs a place to call home, and your allergic to dogs with fur, and this has hair. The pollen count is high too," my dad laughed. My mom got closer and didn't sneeze. "Wow, I guess so," she stated. "So we can keep him?" I asked. She paused and took a sip of coffee in her "Best Mom" mug. "Yes," she finally said it. "Yay!" I screamed. I was ecstatic. "I already named her Luna!" I exclaimed. That is a now all we need is food, a leash, collar, vaccinations, and so forth," my mom chuckled. "I know it is a lot, but we already know what to do," I said back. "Oh no I am going to be late for my work," my dad proclaimed. "Hey Amanda good luck with Luna and when I get home I can not wait to see the precious one!" my mom replied. My dad kissed my mom and gave me a hug. "Love you." he said. "Ok, well lets get her together, so get dressed, she said. I ran upstairs but did not get dressed because I was too excited about the new addition to the family. As I examined Luna I saw bruise marks on her belly. Whoever had her before me obviously didn't care for her. She had probably suffered neglection. "Well, don't worry little girl, your life is starting over on a better note." I said. Luna wagged her tail and jumped on my chest. I giggled with joy and laughter as she licked my face. I picked her up and held her real tight. So tight she might have heard my heart beat. I got dressed ready to begin a new chapter for Luna.

© Copyright 2014 chloemaner (chloemaner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970903-Finding-Luna