*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970924-Another
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1970924
A poem that a friend and myself made together.
Another~

So many thoughts in my mind, like a raging torrent I am lost in the current.
Just one thing echoes in many a different song, if only I could hear.

It's steady beat that moves me to this the song I do not know.
But flow the currents I must... Until I find the clarity that is the calm of the storm.

But in my heart again I find that it is not the end.
Time walks and flies and I am standing still.

Motionless I am till I find what I am looking for, the song it was not, but finding the beat to the drum that echoed through the days and nights, the drums... My other half.
As I search for the beats that keep my breath, the song of the winds of another land,
how I long for it, as the songs are just out of reach.

Another.... Another beat.

who's song do I hear?
A beat among the waves, riding upon the dreary winds
Unfamiliar, yet soothing.
Then I heard a voice. This voice that calms the storm, the song to end the raging torrent.
The song I do not know. Yet travels long inside my heart.
I have found a home. Tis' not inside I call my own, but in others is my home.

The heartbeat of those close to me, the beat unto my drums.
The voice the one that soothes me, the voice of the one I love.
© Copyright 2014 Kingfisher (chad9978 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970924-Another