*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970990-My-Dad
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1970990
this story might make you cry so if you dont like sad stories dont read it
MY DAD
BY: Emily Vasquez
TRUE STORY
It started out as your average Thursday, kids went to school, and adults went to work. But not me, I got to stay home from school to go to Cosmic Jump with my cousins. It was there last day in Texas before they go back to Arkansas. They came down here to see my dad in his final days.
The next day I left for early in the morning. I was heading out the door to the bus stop when my mom stopped me. She told my "You realize that your dad might die today." I replied to her in a murmur "Yes I know" like she just ruined my day.
My dad was the coolest dad in the world. He would win the best dad in the world awarded three times in a row!!! My dad would take my sister (Marissa) and I to amazing places such as Universal Studios, Disney World, Destin Florida, Boston, Los Vegas, and a bunch more that I can't name. He was gone all the time because he flew for UPS. He flew the 747, the biggest aircraft in the world. He never worked a day in his life. My dad had his dream job. On my birthday (November 1) he was at the airport getting the job.
But in 2005 things took a turn for the worst. He got stomach cancer. He had surgery that same month. His stomach was about the size of his fist. My dad was on chemo therapy for a long time. My mom was at the hospital the whole time he was there. My grandparents came down to take care of my sister and I. When he came home, I sprinted to the door to give the absolutes biggest hug in the world. He had to stop flying for about a year, he hated that part. But loved staying home with his baby girls. When my dad started flying again things just went back to normal.
My dad airport base was moved to a lot of different places. Florida to Alaska. Once he showed me a picture of a moose he saw on the side of the rode in Alaska. He would go all around the world to the coolest places in the fanciest airplanes. China, India, to Hong Kong. He would bring back presents for my sister and I, and I still have them.
In the summer of 2012 Marissa and I went up to Illinois to see my grandma and grandpa. I called my dad because I missed him and I got really home sick. He told me that he had a bad cough and was going to see the doctor the next morning. That flowing night I called him to see what had happened at the doctor's office. My dad said that he had a lung infection and got some pills. The flowing week, he came to get Marissa and I in Illinois. I was so happy to see him. On the plain he kept coughing and coughing, and I got very worried. It had been a few weeks since I got home and his cough wasn't getting any better. He went back to the doctor to get a M.R.I. Then all of our fears came back. The doctor said that he had lung cancer.
As time went by the cancer kept getting worse and worse. My dad told me that his bed was too unconformable and that my bed was better for him. He went back to the hospital to have a check up and see how the chemo was working. The doctor said nothing had happened and it only got worse. He also said that he only had about 3 months left. The cancer got so bad the hospital had to give us hospital equipment to put in our front room.
The morning of April 10, 2012 was a very crappy day the sky was ugly and it was humid. Marissa and I went to school and my mom stayed home with my dad. It was during 8 period when Marissa and I got out early. My mom, grandpa, and grandma were all there to pick us up. I knew something was wrong. When I was about to walk in the door, my mom told me that your father has passed away. I collapsed in her arms and started balling.
When I walked in the house, I saw my dad so pail and ice cold. My heart sank to my stomach and fell through. My world just fell apart. I couldn't believe that was actually happing. I tried pinching myself to see if I would wake up from this nightmare, but sadly it wasn't. The next thing I knew there were random people at my door taking my dad away in to some black car. I was so confused. My mom told me that he was going to be burned into ashes and that's what he wanted.
A week later we had a moral for him. UPS sent a model airplane of the 747 he flew. When the moral was over everyone went home. My family tried going back to normal that was the hardest thing of all.



In love and memory
David Vasquez

© Copyright 2014 vasqueze4@go.lisd.net (drama555 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970990-My-Dad