*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970991-Treasure-of-Gold
by Brenna
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1970991
A kid finds a treasure
Treasure of Gold
I opened my eyes as the warm sunlight was beaming in on me. I could hear the birds chirping their usual morning songs. It was going to be one of those normal saturday, so I thought.
I walked down the stairs stumbling smelling the warm scent of bacon and toast. When I got down stairs I poured a glass of ice cold orange juice. My dad was reading the daily news as I was reading the comic section. Even though I did not get half of the jokes, I liked to look at the pictures. My mom went to the garage and brought back some plants as i finished my breakfast. Oh great i thought to myself, do I really have to plant them? It was about two days ago when my math teacher Mrs. Slimmer caught me smacking bubble gum in class. So now I have to do whatever chore, or as I call it child labor, she gives me. I went outside to the shed to get a shovel. I sunk the shovel into the ground and put the plants into their cozy holes. I only had one hole left to dig , I started digging down into the ground then I hit a rock or something with a clunk. I peered down into the finding something shining up at me. I pulled the shiny, glittering rock out of the moist ground wiping it off the my shirt. It was a little smaller than my fist. I looked at it trying to figure out what it was. Then the air got knocked out of my chest it was gold! I started to panic, what could I do with gold, buy things? No! I am not going to get in trouble again, someone might think i stole it. They might even take it away from me it is my treasure. I wrapped it in my fingers looking for a place to hid it. Then it hit me i can dig a deep hole in the ground no one will find it there. I dug up a deep hole and dropped the rock into it. I looked at it one last time never to see it again and filled the hole with dirt.
I went back inside acting like nothing had happened. I told my mom I was done and went up stairs. I gazed out at the place where i had hid the rock. I would never tell anyone what i had found that day. I Johnsive King will never ever in my whole life would share what i found that day.

By: Brenna Walker
© Copyright 2014 Brenna (brennawalker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970991-Treasure-of-Gold