*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1971027-uscga
Rated: ASR · Documentary · Biographical · #1971027
coast guuard story
USCGA

By: Nicolas Esquivel

USCGA is located in New London Connecticut by the Atlantic Ocean. The academy is a collage but it's a military collage, so you learn how to be a soldier and how to lead soldiers the first summer you are there. This summer is also known as plebe summer. These young men and woman could be called one day to lead other soldiers at a time of war or peace.
To get in to the academy you have to be rely smart and rely athletic. Only the finest people in the country. Many of the people who go there have dedicated their lives for the coast guard. When you're in the academy you would lean the same stuff as students in Stanford would learn. But the good thing about the academy is its all free. After you graduate from the academy you have to serve five years in the coast guard.
Many of them chose to serve more than there five mandatory years. Because they love what they do and they do it well. Many of our great leaders have gone to the academy .We even had a president graduate from the academy. That does how good the school is great things can happen here.
This is why I want to go to the academy. Because of the adventure and everything else it offers. This is why I want to go to the academy and serve my country. I want to protect the our way life.


© Copyright 2014 nicolas (en386934 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1971027-uscga