*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1971304-APARTMENT-6B
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #1971304
Two close friends life take a turn when one friends finds out about the other's dark past
Two friends share an apartment in a crown heights section of Brooklyn, New York. The neighborhood is a melting pot of cultures with Caribbean, Jewish, Asian, and Latin descent. The have been friends seen the 4th grade. They practically grew up in the same house as kids. Justine Mother worked two jobs and rarely had enough money to pay a babysitter and support her Cocaine habit so in return she would leave Justine home alone for hours sometimes days at a time without food. Beverly would see Justine standing in the doorway across from the apartment where she lived with here mother and 2 brothers whenever she enters or leave the building. There was one particular Sunday, it was Christmas and Justine's mother had not been home for record breaking 8 weeks. People that came to visit Beverly and her female questioned the presents of the little girl's parents absence. Then shortly after Beverly, her family and their guest began eating Christmas dinner they heard what sounded like a argument among st two people under the influence of alcohol. A few seconds later echos of gunshots designated throughout the hallway. When they open the door to see what the commotion was all about, they found little Justine standing over a her mother's lifeless body with blood on her face and the rest of her body.
© Copyright 2014 Artwriteis (pennpad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1971304-APARTMENT-6B