*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1972147-A-Footstep-in-the-Snow
Rated: E · Short Story · Inspirational · #1972147
A single footstep can change anything, even an entire nation...
         Footsteps in the Snow

Winter was cold as always, exactly 60 degrees cold to be entirely exact, and it would stay 60 degrees  for exactly, 3 months, 30 days, 18 hours, 30 minutes, and 59 seconds. as it always will be, eternally, for that's what the council declares. the mear thought of the grand council sends a wave of happiness over my emotional "heart", for the council is who will always keep us safe, for that's what the council tells us, and the council is always right. suddenly but not surprisingly the small red alarm clock goes off interrupting my lovely thoughts of safety and the council, so as every day I swing my feet out from under my covers and onto the cold floors which seemed to be made of ice. I then slowly get up as to make sure that the blood rushing away from my brain doesn't make me have head pains or to become dizzy, exactly 30 seconds later, I am standing straight and lifting my foot to take the step it will take to reach my alarm clock to deactivate its mechanical ringing, as I do every day at exactly 6:30 am, but as my foot finishes its decent it hits an unusual object sprawled across the slippery wooden floors. The object appears to be my grey and blue T-shirt from yesterdays outfit, however my reaction comes to late and I slip backwards, my head landing with a loud thunk apoun the wooden floor. pain rushes from the back of my head burning through what seems to be my veins but as soon as the pain starts black spots cross my vision, and my view goes dark.
         awaking It appears to be only a few minutes before the dreary blackness came over me like heavy winter covers. then all of a sudden something seems to be wrong very wrong, I feel an unusual feeling, one that I can only say was like my stomach was being filled with pudding, very thick pudding, very thick wiggling pudding! the ickyness of it makes me squirm. then the pain of the fall came back as if someone had just flicked the back of my head. I move my hand over a huge bump on the upper area of my head. the weird pudding feeling starts to go away as I clumsily get to my feet. my other senses return soon and I smack the alarm shhing it from its loud ringing but for some reason I can't remember anything but the fall. then as if climbing a huge mountain of bubblegum with a toothbrush I remember my name, and age, and what I usually to do next in the morning, so slowly like a silly snail I inch my way to my dresser and pull open the- my hand stop in mid air above the dressers handle as something crawls into me, something strange, and hard to recognize at first like the last thing in a spot the difference picture, but eventually I get it, "I like My Pajamas! I don't want to change in to my stupid day time clothes!" .
         At the thought I lower my hand and start to back away from the dresser and toward the door but again a thought comes to me, however the thought seems to be sharper and more correct than the last thought which felt bubbly and soft, so turning away from the door I open the dresser and take out a grey and blue shirt from the other grey and blue shirts and pair of blue jeans from among the blue jeans drawer and lastly I grab a pair of socks from the sock drawer. I put them on quickly but as I do so another bubbly thought rises from inside my brain parts, "why do all my clothes look the same?". the first thought is soon followed by a second sharper thought, "because likeness is safeness". I nod to my self at the answer to the question happily! "Likeness is safeness" it makes perfect sense, "or does it?" says another bubbly thought. "of course it dose!" Says a less sharp, sharp thought followed almost immediately by another bubbly thought, "Why?", "Because-" starts a sharp thought, but father yells from down stairs in his low voice fatherly voice "Breakfast!", So hurrying to put on my shoes and rush down stairs for breakfast the thoughts silence themselves, at least for a little while.
         Sitting at the table, fishing in my bowl of milk for cereal a bubbly thought pops to life in my mind, "I wonder if it'll snow today?!" wich is again followed by a sharp thought, "of course it will snow today! do you not know what day it is or even the season"
© Copyright 2014 GastlyInspector (gastlyinsp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1972147-A-Footstep-in-the-Snow