*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1973032-STRENGTH-FROM-MY-BED
Rated: E · Article · Spiritual · #1973032
An experience of divine touch.
Awoken, took a glimpse at the whole room especially the window to see how bright the day was, I closed my eyes back and rolled from one end of the bed to another, I stretched out my body as far as I could to ease the pains in my body and then I rolled up to a corner of the bed, holding on tightly to the pillow which seems to be the only comfort I could  get as long as it cushions my face.  I could still feel the pains on my neck, back,  arms, thighs and legs, and then in my mind and weak body I prayed silently “oh Lord please make this night longer, am too weak to get up now” I didn’t want to believe it was dawn already, I just imagined the hands of the clock turned back to 5 more hours before six o’clock AM.



But it dawned on me that it was daybreak, the noise I heard from outside was a reminder especially the Arabic words that came in through my window from the megaphone tied to a pole in the compound right beside my house. whoops! The sound should have made me stand up in a rush. I still did not want to get up from the bed because I am yet to recover from the stress of the previous day at work, and it’s another working day.



Finally the light turned on, and I knew that I have to get up from the bed and get prepared for the day.

And this time around I changed my prayer point and said “Almighty God, the God of strength, my strength when I am weak, give me the grace, strength and the wisdom to live today as it comes, thank you lord for answering my prayers and I know that you are right here with me. In Jesus name! Amen!



Lessons: Though we will be faced with challenges, God promised to see us through till the end of time and his grace is sufficient for us in all situations.

Testimony: I did not remember that I was weak in the morning. It wasn’t me living it was Jesus at work through me. 

© Copyright 2014 yetty dear (shadei at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1973032-STRENGTH-FROM-MY-BED