*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1973905-To-my-Dad-on-his-85th-birthday
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Parenting · #1973905
The title says it. I always thought birthday cards written by someone else lack impact.
Dad,

You know how sometimes people we love are around and yet we neglect to tell them how we feel?

After they are gone, we think of all the things I would have liked to say to them but didn't.
Like,

How wonderful I think you are.

What an impact you've made on my life.

How grateful I am that they've been in my life.

What a great example to me of a good life.

For raising me up in the way I should go.

For being patient with me when I was doing something slightly stupid.

For losing it when I was doing something really stupid.

For being consistent so I knew just how stupid a thing was that I was about to do.

For working hard to give me all the things I needed

For being wise enough to not give me whatever I wanted.

In short, what a great man and Father I think you are.

I'm going to wait to tell you this because it's mushy stuff and I'm frankly embarrassed at how very much I love you.

Jeff
© Copyright 2014 ded2daworld (ded2daworld at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1973905-To-my-Dad-on-his-85th-birthday